Cream with modern scents?

I am new to the DE shaving game and so far have Men-U Shaving Creme (been using this with Mach 3's etc. for about a year) and TOBS Jermyn St. I am looking for a shaving cream with what I would call a "modern rather than vintage" scent. I don't think I have overly sensitive skin but generally buy stuff that is more for sensitive skin to avoid any possible problems. Recommendations? Thanks.

No.10 reminds me of Bodyshop's maca root shaving cream. It's a marmite scent, some love it, some hate it. More modern than most of the range though.

I'm currently using Truefitt and Hill's 1805, that's modern smelling (despite the name), I believe it was designed in 2005 on their 200th anniversary. Their shop staff say it's the youngest scent they do. Very citrus / marine based, kind of oranges and lemons with a salty sea breeze.

Taylor of Old bond street : Jermyn Street shaving cream for sensitive skin.

lovely rich modern fragrance, they even describe it as a modern fougere on their website.

its also designed for sensitive skin, and is my GO-TO cream for daily shaving.

Oh, and how about Body Shop Maca Root. It's not exactly a traditional scent. I like the smell and it's a good quality cream. You can usually ask for a sample in store to try.

Great choice with the Bluebeards - excellent performer and great smell (modern soapy).
I got some second hand Maca Root and while it performs very well I really hated the smell. Can't really describe it but I would make sure when you're in the shop to unscrew a lid and have a good deep sniff of it before buying any.
I gave it to my girlfriend as I really couldn't bear to smell it again!

St. Jermyn street smells like apple and cinnamon. I think of it as modern but for you to judge.

I have just recieved a sample of TOBS Mr Taylor's shaving cream and this is exactly the kind of scent I was looking for. I am currently using TOBS Sandalwood and TOBS Lemon & Lime and if the new one has the same performance as those 2 then I think a full pot will be on order ;)

Back
Top Bottom