Creed Original Vetiver - any good?

Is this stuff any good? Worth the £Â£?
Smells like insect spray,imo. I find Creed overrated and expensive. Yet, Silver Mountain Water is my favourite scent. However, it doesn't last.

Anyway, I'd save some quid and opt for cheaper and better vetivers. Guerlain (some may wail about it being reformulated and 'it's-not-as-good-as-it-used-to-be...' blah, blah) is a great scent. For a darker one, Lalique's Encre Noire's good. An earthy vetiver is offered by L'Occitane.Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is a slightly synthetic version of the Guerlain. Chanel Sycomore is great too (not cheap, though).

Smells like insect spray,imo. I find Creed overrated and expensive. Yet, Silver Mountain Water is my favourite scent. However, it doesn't last.

Anyway, I'd save some quid and opt for cheaper and better vetivers. Guerlain (some may wail about it being reformulated and 'it's-not-as-good-as-it-used-to-be...' blah, blah) is a great scent. For a darker one, Lalique's Encre Noire's good. An earthy vetiver is offered by L'Occitane.Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is a slightly synthetic version of the Guerlain. Chanel Sycomore is great too (not cheap, though).

Insect spray? That wasn't quite the scent I was looking for!

Uomo Malizia Vetiver is a wonderful aftershave with a strong vetiver scent, also Helan makes Rum&Vetier which is also simply wonderful.
The problem is although both are not available in the UK, they can be found in the bay. If you like vetiver or vetyver I don't know which one is correct, you may consider these aftershaves.

Creed original vetiver is my favourite scent. It's an amazing complex scent to my nose and really fresh. Why don't you get a 3ml sample off scentsamples to see if you like it. You'll get a few wears out of it

Used Creed Vetiver for years. Some suggested that it was one of John F. Kennedy's favorite. It was expensive but within reasonable bounds, and there were rumors that 5% of the proceeds went to the criminal defense fund for wayward Democrat politicians. I try to help when I can. Then the price went through the ceiling, discovered I didn't like it as much as I thought and found other ways to support the fallen.

Here are some other options you may consider. Carven's Vetiver was the one that kicked off the vetiver craze in 1957. It was wonderful, reasonably priced and the classic vetiver benchmark that others were judged against. Then it kind of disappeared, only to reappear in 2014. Not quite the same but still worth a sniff. Hermes Vetiver Tonka is another vetiver you might want to look into. It seems to have it's loyal fans. I am presently using Adolfo Dominguez's Vetiver Hombre. It's light, not as much vetiver punch as some others, but a good scent for summer weather. Maybe the best of the lot is Vetiver Extraodaire by Dominique Ropion. It is also expensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom