ctshirts

I was watching a show in BBC the other day regarding some business expanding and they interviewed the owner (I think) of ctshirts.

Anyone ever had any experience with them ?

Quality, service etc ?

thanks

Nick Wheeler is the owner, I had the pleasure of hearing him speak at a conference once. I've never used CT myself but I have heard positive things about them from friends. They offer a six month guarantee... which is pretty good for clothing, I've had stuff from Next that hasn't lasted past one wash!

Thought I remembered a previous post... here it is

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-6878.html?highlight=Tyrwhitt

Charles Tyrwhitt clothing is excellent quality, I have a few shirts & Polo shirts from them, great service & they often have offers on, would definately recommend them.

i love CT.

I think that generally because of the wear and tear that shirts see day in day out, its rarely worth paying for ultra expensive shirts from the likes of Turnbull & Asser and Ede & Ravenscroft. In terms of well designed and well made every day shirts the CT's are of excellent quality and superb in price. They also have a decent range of fitments.

Where they excel over the likes of lewin, is in their accessories. Their shoes are Loake (the better ones are from loakes 1880 range), their gloves are hand made italian jobs and their jackets etc are excellent. I've had a tweed jacket from CT for 2 years now and it still looks good as new.

In general I go to them for most stuff now. Its hard to justify spending more, when they give you so much for the money. The only other brand i swear by is Polo by RL... but only at outlet prices or sales, as full price they are off the mark. But for jumpers, oxford shirts and trousers i prefer RL. Shirts, jackets and accessories, i head to CT

I have been using CT pretty much since their very earliest days when they were mail order only. Quality and range are very good. If you are anywhere near Bicester they have an outlet at Bicester Village, (also Gieves and Hawkes, Thomas Pink and Hackett for other British formal clothing). It can be a little hit and miss there, but generally a good selection.
I've always had excellent customer service from them too.

On tapatalk I get a preview of the first few words if the thread before I open it. Your post came up as "I can't recommend them highly". I thought I'd better see what negative comments there were! :)

I have to chime in here and also add my praise for them.
Been a customer since 2004 and although they got a couple of things wrong they eventually sorted it out. Their shirts and other products are their best aspect (some staff especially in the stores can be a nightmare to deal with) and fit me really well. I can get on well with other brands/makes as often their "cut" can be a bit too tight or too big.

Used CT a lot for their non iron shirts, and generally end up sending them to a charity shop because either I can't wear them anymore because people at work start commenting "don't you have any more shirts?" or similar, or the collars and cuffs start staining, well before they wear out or the non iron stuff stops working. Some are still in my wardrobe 3 years later. Can't speak highly enough of them.

They can't be beaten for customer service,I wear their shirts and suits,BUT DON'T believe the claims of how much their clothing should cost regarding rrp.
Sadly loads of companies are doing this,falsely INFLATING the rrp price just so they can CLAIM your getting a massive reduction.
But the clothing is good quality,as I say,just be wary of the outlandish claims.

Sam.

A big thumbs up from me – All my work shirts are CT along with around 5 of my suits, the service of the company and quality of the items has always been fantastic.

The shoes are also great to the point that I've had the same pair of work shoes that have now been re-soled 4 times – the cobble even commented that it's nice to work with properly made shoes.

After reading all you inputs, i decided to place an order and received my shirts today.
I m very satisfied with their service and quality. Thank you gents.

Back
Top Bottom