Custom DE handles

The handle Templr8 made for me I tried out this morning. It made a massive difference to the shave. Face wasn't as irritated ad a much smoother end result. Full kudos to his skills.

I know you need to say it but I'm surprised that folk are still discovering the fact that Templ8 makes great handles and that a razor with added mass gives a better shave - better than the razor with the original handle.

Next to try - my recommendation - is a Templ8 epee handle of some sort, where the end of the handle is bulked up to balance the head - or, conversely, the middle of the handle is slimmed down. I doubt this would work for those of you who just plain and simple like fat handles but if you like a bit of refeened elegance like wot I do, this is a 'must try' option! This Templ8 style, with due respect to the Concepteur pjgh, has replaced the UFO handles on most of my razors.

Thanks Jason, Dave and Carl, your comments are appreciated.

I'll be away on holiday for the next 2 weeks so I won't be taking orders 'til I'm back.

Thanks guys,
Iain

I know heavier handles make a difference. That was the reason I wanted a bigger, heavier handle. The standard piccolo handle is way too light, and too thin for me to grip properly. I also had another artisan handle maker do me one for my Executive Shaving's Braveheart head. I think the chances of me nabbing another razor now are slim. I have six, all bar one are over 100g in weight.

Iain agreed to make me a handle (a modified Tradere handle, total length 100 mm) once he's back from his holidays.

ERV5Zyr.jpg

This is a picture of the original Tradere handle - total length 92 mm.

Cannot wait - will show you all the result in a couple of weeks ! :icon_cheesygrin:

used my first Templ8 handle on the Fatip last night and what a great shave. great product, great service and I think it's safe to say this is my first handle, I think I need a couple more :icon_razz:

Jan Zoethout said:
After a short holiday I found this one on my doormat:
e0THC4H.jpg

(total length 100 mm, diameter 12 mm)
Thanks Iain - it's a beauty.
Bechet45 - are you watching ? :icon_razz:

That handle is really something beautiful.

Jan Zoethout said:
Bechet45 - are you watching ? :icon_razz:

No, I wasn't - missed all that somehow. Another great handle by Iain - but are you sure about what you have put on the end of it? Be interested in a follow-up post.

I am interested in the quality of shave you obtain from that combination of head and handle. I would want a lighter handle on a New so I am interested to know how you find your heavy handle with a New - the head you show.

I think the handle looks great. Iain always turns a good handle and is definitely developing as he goes along. I am a great fan of his and own several of his pieces.

Jan Zoethout said:
........., this morning will be the handle's maiden trip, and I also have a Pearl (Cadet) OC, a Timor 1350 and an EJ DE89 head to go with it.
So there's a lot of testing to be done ... :icon_razz:

Do you have a styptic pencil to hand? Some good, moisturising a/s balms would be good, too. The 89 will be improved tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom