Custom handles...?

Hi all.

Been thinking about another custom handle ever since my first from CooCatBob (see its development here).

Sadly, however, Bob has passed away, and with it any future work of his.

I was wondering what other custom handle makers there are out there, and what opinions you have of their handles?

I've had a quick look at UFO's handles, for example, but they look a bit too chunky for my liking.

I'm considering Daz's JEC handles too, but other than the one photo on his Tumblr site, I don't really know much about his designs (or does he make to order?) - Daz?

Any other handle makers I'm not aware of? Any you'd recommend? Any you'd avoid?

Definitely drop Daz a PM. He's a most accommodating chap and the finish of his work is first class.

Here's mine based on the Rocket HD handle. I call it the Rocket XL:

8091891100_d02c478f7c.jpg

8091890390_4aca0dfa89.jpg

8091884013_55285f368d.jpg

Please excuse the crap photos, they really do not do the handle justice at all. The whole thing gleams with almost artful precision engineering, the knurling perfect, crisp and very grippy even with wet soapy fingers. Come the end of days, there'll only be cockroaches left and this handle!

15mm diameter and 100mm long. Shown here with my Jagger '89 head but it fits my Tech, the now sold 7 o'clock New I once owned and a Myatt Universal. I could take it fishing and use it as a priest!

Sorry Ken, i did have a few pics on tumblr but i managed to delete them while trying to add links. I dont know how to be honest but they are gone till i get time to sort it out.
I am also a wee bit behind on handles at present so it might take a wee while. But i have contacted you through pm and will get some pics of in stock to you, failinf that that may be a wee wait depending on complexity of the handle you are after. I have 3 to make that have been waiting for a while but other commitments have kept me away f.rom the machines. I have some time off shortly and can hopefully use it to catch up.

Daz

Back
Top Bottom