Custom handles

Re: RE: Custom handles

Mr_Smartepants said:
I'd love to have one of these.
Can you alter the design to mimic a M-16 shell casing? :D
Actually, size-wise it would be closer to a 50-cal.
Something like this...but knurled.
5-56mm-Bullet-Style-Red-Laser-Gun-Aiming-Sight_8630329.bak.jpg

Don't see why not

Hi,

I like the look of the one you describe as a different take on a bulldog handle.
Can you do one in 100mm with a 15mm diameter please?

Thanks
eqazugu9.jpg

templ8 said:
Gairdner said:
Just checking you got my PM, Iain?

Cheers.

No I haven't, just tried to pm you but I get an error message saying you have Pm's disabled !?

Cheers,
Iain

Sorry about that. Fingers don't know what buttons they're pressing half the time! :blush:

I'll PM you shortly. Thanks.

That's not a handle ... THIS is a handle:
[attachment=8563]
Stainless Steel, 100mm x 20mm custom handle made by Iain fitted to the iKon slant with the original handle alongside for comparison purposes.

Gave me the best, smoothest, BBS shave EVER. Three passes with an Astra blade, no cuts or nicks and just letting the razor do the work. Feels great in the hand and is probably the best thing I have ever bought as a result of being a member of TSR. Iain is a genius!

David

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 203
davidb said:
That's not a handle ... THIS is a handle:

Stainless Steel, 100mm x 20mm custom handle made by Iain fitted to the iKon slant with the original handle alongside for comparison purposes.

Gave me the best, smoothest, BBS shave EVER. Three passes with an Astra blade, no cuts or nicks and just letting the razor do the work. Feels great in the hand and is probably the best thing I have ever bought as a result of being a member of TSR. Iain is a genius!

David

Crikey, that's a big 'un! Do you keep by the front door and use it to beat off the local toerags? You could do some damage with that but it is a beauty nonetheless.

I received my templ8 handle from Iain yesterday.

He made it for the special thread of a Fatip which is not quite the same as other handle threads. It fits the Fatip head just right and securely so no more worries about cross-threading.

I tried it out this morning and I must say it completely changed the feel of the shave. It feels a lot less "wobbly" than its thin cousin and made me feel much more in control of the shave.
It actually feels safer with a big handle; as the Fatip can be a cruel mistress.

This is the upgrade my Fatip has long been waiting for, thanks to Iain.

Shown below against the puny Piccolo original handle.
Templ8handle_zps132dd6cc.jpg

Received mine today aswell :D

Well built and provides great heft :)

Can't wait to give it a shot.

Paired it with my R41 :)

ek0rb7.jpg

Attachments

• ufoish handle.jpg
    ufoish handle.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom