Dave at RestoredRazors

Does anyone have recent contact or experience with Dave?

I have some razors I want to have plated and have been trying to contact Dave - without success.

How does it work with him - just send him your razor and he contacts you when he gets round to it? or contact him and get an acknowledgement and/or job number?

Alternatively, do we know of another reputable razor re-plater?

Bechet45 said:
Does anyone have recent contact or experience with Dave?

I have some razors I want to have plated and have been trying to contact Dave - without success.

How does it work with him - just send him your razor and he contacts you when he gets round to it? or contact him and get an acknowledgement and/or job number?

Alternatively, do we know of another reputable razor re-plater?

I recently had an HD Rocket replated by him, and he made a good job of it. I think you need to have patience with him - his email response is...patchy to say the least, and I actually had to remind him to let me know how much I owed him after the replated razor arrived in the post.

He should get around to replying. Perhaps he's on holiday?

I've had a couple of razors replated by him and have been very happy with the result. However I wouldn't post anything until I'd heard back from him!

Paul

I just set him a razor, with a note saying what i want done along with my name address tel number and mail address, and he just contacted me when he was sending it back............he won't take any money until he knows your satisfied......great work...great bloke.

Perhaps like many of us, doing the razors is not his full time thing, so if he works it's only evenings and weekends he gets to do stuff, and he is known on all the forums so he does get quite a bit of work in...

Same as Steve, just sent my razors to him RMSD and he got back to me when they were ready. Just remember to put your contact details on a note letting him know what plating you want on them.........

Mmm,I would hold on if I was you,he is local to me and I dropped my birth year razor (a slim adjustable) off to be re-plated in gold as I was 50 earlier this year,the job was supposed to take a couple of weeks and just over four weeks later I am still waiting.I even went in the guys house and everything seemed O.K.
I sent him a e mail yesterday for a progress report,but,I am still waiting for a reply.
I will have a drive over to his place at the weekend if I have not heard anything and update you then Carl.
Yes he is a lovely lad,but,I am concerned something may have happened to him(God forbid)due to the lack of communication .
Regards
Derrick
P.S.this is the first time I have used Dave

Dave is a good guy. He's probably on holiday. I've used him many times before. When Dave is on holiday, he is on holiday. You won't hear from him.

I hope he's OK too. I had the head of my alu handled Gillette Tech replated by Dave a few weeks back, it took about two weeks from me posting to getting it back and it looks like new. He only charged £10 too because it was just the head.

Back
Top Bottom