Dave at RestoredRazors

Yep! Dave has emailed me, too, and says to send my razor to him.

So he's back in business and has increased his plating prices by £5 across the board. What is an impoverished OAP to do? Inflation! Inflation! They could have given us a bonus instead of squandering it all on Jubilees! 60 years - who can afford to retire at 60 years?

Bechet45 said:
Yep! Dave has emailed me, too, and says to send my razor to him.

So he's back in business and has increased his plating prices by £5 across the board. What is an impoverished OAP to do? Inflation! Inflation! They could have given us a bonus instead of squandering it all on Jubilees! 60 years - who can afford to retire at 60 years?

Sorry Carl, but with how much you've spent recently on stainless razors, I'd have thought a replate was within your budget?:icon_razz::angel:

Carl, the US government does the same thing. Spend money on studies of why more service men commit suicide than are killed in combat but wont increase funding for Veteran's Administration!

chrisbell said:
Bechet45 said:
What is an impoverished OAP to do? Inflation! Inflation! They could have given us a bonus instead of squandering it all on Jubilees! 60 years - who can afford to retire at 60 years?

Sorry Carl, but with how much you've spent recently on stainless razors, I'd have thought a replate was within your budget?:icon_razz::angel:

So you're not counting straights, then? You see the flaw in your logic, Chris? Before I spent all that money on razors maybe I could stretch to a replate, but after .........? I'll be eating the cats soon, not feeding them!

Bechet45 said:
chrisbell said:
Bechet45 said:
What is an impoverished OAP to do? Inflation! Inflation! They could have given us a bonus instead of squandering it all on Jubilees! 60 years - who can afford to retire at 60 years?

So you're not counting straights, then? You see the flaw in your logic, Chris? Before I spent all that money on razors maybe I could stretch to a replate, but after .........? I'll be eating the cats soon, not feeding them!

LOL - save your pennies...:icon_razz:

I just sent him an email this morning regarding some of my razors he currently has for replating and promptly received an answer within a couple of hours.

The Geordie Shaver said:
Good news , Dave has been in touch and my razor is ready to pick up , really looking forward to being re united with it and seeing what it looks like , will pick up at weekend
Regards
Derrick

Well this is the first razor I have had re-plated so I cant speak from experience ,but, I am a bit of a parky bugger and like everything just so and this razor has come back to me "just so".
The gold finish is immaculate , the numbers have been painted black , it was wrapped in tissue paper in a little perspex box when I picked her up and even the workings are smoother and more free .

A cracking job by a cracking lad

Derrick

The Geordie Shaver said:
The Geordie Shaver said:
Good news , Dave has been in touch and my razor is ready to pick up , really looking forward to being re united with it and seeing what it looks like , will pick up at weekend
Regards
Derrick

Well this is the first razor I have had re-plated so I cant speak from experience ,but, I am a bit of a parky bugger and like everything just so and this razor has come back to me "just so".
The gold finish is immaculate , the numbers have been painted black , it was wrapped in tissue paper in a little perspex box when I picked her up and even the workings are smoother and more free .

A cracking job by a cracking lad

Derrick

Photos, por favor!

Back
Top Bottom