David Gest marriage, divorce, and death.

Hiya,

AS you mighta seen, Mr Gest died recently and his name struck a chord somewhere. Only took a second of searching to see who he married back in 2002. I vaguely remember it being a pretty odd thing at the time. Liza Minelli was the Bride and the wedding guests were from all over the map. Some real old timers like Mickey Rooney and maybe more like Elizabeth Taylor and then Michael and Tito Jackson as best men, who grew up with Mr Gest in California I believe.

So I started a search from the engagement and wedding, and then marriage and after. Plenty to find if that interests you. Sad it didn't work out.

Martin

I liked him, mad as a march hare but seemed harmless
If I remember rightly they hated each other with a vengeance after the marriage failed

I remember the year he was on 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" and he was absolutely hilarious. I knew little or nothing about him before this, but I'll never forget how he made me laugh every night when he appeared on that show. He really had a fantastic sense of humor. Was saddened to hear he had passed yesterday.

I liked him, mad as a march hare but seemed harmless
If I remember rightly they hated each other with a vengeance after the marriage failed

He wanted Liza to pay him ten million bucks upon divorce because she kept beating him up.

I watched a few clips from before the marriage (hopeful) through to the end (his death) and he was an interesting guy as it turned out. Heh, The Daily Mail? dished the hot poop on his private life with some spicy tidbits.

Anyway, I didn't mind taking a few minutes to see what was up with him and his relationship with LIza.

Last edited:
Never someone I took much of an interest in but I did read a little article somewhere and he seemed to come across as a decent sort and not the narcissistic LA producer type which I'll admit to having stereotyped him as in my head.

Lived his final years in York as he loved the history and architecture of the place as well as living around "normal" people. Also said his plastic surgery was one of his biggest regrets. I suppose if you're a rich and successful person living and working in an environment that is so insanely vain and where youth and looks are obsessions then it's very easy to go that route if you find yourself feeling down or under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom