DE Blade Disposal

I use an empty (and cleaned) glass coffee jar at the moment. I will definitely be having a quick word with my local pharmacist about whether or not they can dispose of them for me after I fill the jar, thanks Brian for the suggestion.

Colman's mustard powder tin. I looked into all the sharp bins and blade banks but had this in the larder and hadn't made mustard for years so it was just easier. Nice and traditional too, just like DE shaving!

[attachment=5590]

Attachments

• colmans mustard.JPG
    colmans mustard.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 18
I just slip them into the bottom section of the cartridge they came in. I've seen this on a few blades, so I'd be surprised if only a few brands have that feature.

Although I like the repurposing of various tins though.

Sven said:
I just slip them into the bottom section of the cartridge they came in. I've seen this on a few blades, so I'd be surprised if only a few brands have that feature.

I think you probably will be surprised then our Sven. Around 80% of my blade choices / tryouts have been paper wrapped and then packed in little card boxes of 5 including all the current Gillettes (all ranges including 7 o'clocks + Superthins), Lords (full range), Shark, Tiger, Bics, Rapira, Racer, Supermax, Personna, the list goes on, it seems to be the preferred manufacturer's packing nowadays.
Plastic cartridges are fairly uncommon now, the only ones I've had in plastic dispensers have been Feather, Derby, Wilky Sword and old stock Gillette Swedes. What are you using at the mo out of interest?

Helveticum said:
Bought mine from here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item3f06a3c10a&item=270694334730&nma=true&pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&rt=nc&si=smLQ7vF9OZeIzwLHucyfj6jVTYs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_1050wt_947 unavailable now, but you can google, hairdresser suppliers stock it.

And just to update Helveticum's post, the same seller has the Feather blade bank back in stock at £2 odd on a new link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-Blades-Container-/280915602293?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item4167dfeb75

I bought a few a while back and then at least the postage was reduced to one flat fee.

Canuck said:
Sven said:

I think you probably will be surprised then our Sven. Around 80% of my blade choices / tryouts have been paper wrapped and then packed in little card boxes of 5 including all the current Gillettes (all ranges including 7 o'clocks + Superthins), Lords (full range), Shark, Tiger, Bics, Rapira, Racer, Supermax, Personna, the list goes on, it seems to be the preferred manufacturer's packing nowadays.
Plastic cartridges are fairly uncommon now, the only ones I've had in plastic dispensers have been Feather, Derby, Wilky Sword and old stock Gillette Swedes. What are you using at the mo out of interest?

Feathers at the moment but I have also seen this with personna blades. I guess I just haven't seen/used enough variety to see what's what. Since I've used the feathers, and hearing from others how good they are, I've not been tempted by others so much. Plus I've only been DE shaving for a short while and got a years supply of feather blades with my razor :)

Back
Top Bottom