DE Shaving - Where am I going wrong?

Just a quickie as all the lads seem to have offered you excellent advise already. Why not keep your money in your pocket Re the Feather razor and just buy a cheap Gillette Tech. It's the same razor basically. Just as mild and forgiving but at usually around the £20 mark for a very good example it'll shave you as well as the Feather and keep your bank balance healthier to boot. I'd pair it with a Voskhod blade for the epitome of smooth. If you are still getting redness with this combo then I'd say something else is causing the redness. Probably an ingredient in your soap or balm.

Got to agree with you there Wayne! I say this owning many high end razors...the Tech is a WONDERFUL little razor.

Just a quickie as all the lads seem to have offered you excellent advise already. Why not keep your money in your pocket Re the Feather razor and just buy a cheap Gillette Tech. It's the same razor basically. Just as mild and forgiving but at usually around the £20 mark for a very good example it'll shave you as well as the Feather and keep your bank balance healthier to boot. I'd pair it with a Voskhod blade for the epitome of smooth. If you are still getting redness with this combo then I'd say something else is causing the redness. Probably an ingredient in your soap or balm.
Yeah, do as he says, not as he does or you will go broke. The man could have retired years ago to a warm clime, but stainless steel and shavemac have been his downfall.

Thanks @wayne mattison

I had a lovely little ball-end Tech that I sold a year or two ago. At the moment I'm actually starting to get decent results with the £4.99 Parker 96R rip-off and Personna Platinum chromes so I'm going to stick with it for a while and see how it goes.

Not sure if I'd agree with that, the bottom ends of my Truckers moustache area have always been a problem for me. I've tried pretty much everything, angle, razor, direction etc. and that area is at best just on the edge of irritation. I think some bits can just be impossible to shave with complete comfort due to interstellar gerbils or something equally unfathomable.

Much of my top lip is like that (unlike the Count I don't have a moustache).

Back
Top Bottom