Determined newbie

Hi all

I have been shaving with a Mach3 and gel for ages, but having lurked around here for a little while, I decided to give DE shaving a try. I'm not a black belt DE shaver by any sense of the imagination - I had to slip back to the Mach3 to tidy up but I did use cream-and-brush lather instead [which certainly improved my shave]. Having read more on this DE shaving, I think I need to give it another go - practice makes perfect, I guess!

Hopefully no-one will mind me asking daft questions :oops: as I try to get this technique sorted. Thanks though to Antdad for his post about What new DE shavers should buy to get started - saved me from getting carried away with the spending side, without having the practical side to back it up....and I'm not sure my wife would see the funny side of that ;)

Bye for now

Paul

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum. DE shaving is like any new skill, it has to be learnt but once you start getting the hang of it you will enjoy it and even look forward to shaving.
As for what razors to get I would recomend a Merkur to begin with, they are a reputable company with a classic style at a reasonable price.

PM'd.

Welcome. You'll only learn from asking questions and practice and we all started from the same place so there's no such thing as a daft question.

Hi Paul, welcome to TSR.

Well, I think many of our wives would be entitled to think our passion for shaving is funny, if not even hilarious. After all my bathroom cabinet is larger than my wifes, and I'm not even adding to my stash every month.

/Max

Back
Top Bottom