Di Canio taking over Sunderland.....

A statement from Sunderland states that they had to act quickly once they learned that Godfrey Bloom was available...

The Geordie Shaver said:
The Mackem's are walking around with their chin's on the floor at work today , I must be very careful with what I say at work , I don't want to add fuel to the fire :icon_cheesygrin:

Get stuck into them marra. Don't spare their embarrassment they wouldn't spare ours!

:angel:

The board allowed him to re build a team - he brought in 14 players - then sack him before the team have a chance to gel. Will be interesting to see how they progress in the short term, probably go on a good run......

The blokes off his head anyway,Clearly lost the fans and probably lost the dressing room too,the board had no choice really, heard Di Matteo taking over as they will only have to change a few letters on the door,
Good job they didn't give him an 8 year contract like Pardew has:icon_razz:

MachM said:
What a joke we've become. Clown shoes! I wonder who's next?

I just hope the next bloke stays at least a couple of seasons and we don't overhaul the squad again. I guess this is how the mags must feel all of the time with Ashley and Joe Kinnear in charge.

He was certainly a 100% battler as a player,I remember him at Celtic (my other team) but I just can't get over the mans politics,some of the photo's he's been seen in are downright ugly.(not him,but what he represents) so it was a bad choice from the get go,I wouldn't have given him the job in the first place.

Sam.(by the way I'm a rarity,I honestly don't mind Sunderland,I remember cheering them on in 73,we had just rented a colour telly from Rediffusion)

I don't agree with his politics, though I don't know exactly what his beliefs are, but don't see that as a reason not to manage a football club as long as he doesn't talk about politics while managing the club. The problem seems to be that he lost the respect of the players and hadn't achieved enough as a manager to back up his tough stance with them.

I enjoy the banter with Newcastle but some people take it too seriously. When I started comprehensive in Durham in 1992 it was a one sided but then I enjoyed going to university in Newcastle when we finished 7th twice.

As far as I'm concerned I always think of the D.L.I. and the Northumberland Fusiliers,both Regiments full to the brim with both Geordies and Mackems fighting and dying together around the world,I have NO time for this hatred of each other,fucking stupid if you ask me.

Sam.

Gus Poyet is the next man to accept the toughest managerial post in the Premiership (well, maybe the second toughest after Man U). The steely eyed ones managerial career started with a brilliant promotion season with Brighton in ?2009 (think they went up as champions...any Brighton fans on here could advise please). I like the guy purely based on tv interviews and punditry. He's Uruguayan so maybe he can get set up the Mackems to play with a no nonsense defence with skillfull/moments of individual brilliance from the midfield and forwards!!

Whatever happens.....it's going to be interesting.

I met Gus a couple of times when he played for Chelsea, charming but quite bonkers although he has clearly reigned it in since then. I think that some foreign managers make a difference because they bring a level of professionalism and methods just not seen in the lower leagues. Hell of a task though...moneys spent (I guess?) and none are players of his choosing, a two year contract is the minimum isn't it? Keep us up or your out.

Always liked Poyet as a player and enjoy listening to him. He did an excellent interview with Keys and Gray for their Talksport show a couple of weeks back.

He was doing a decent job at Brighton, promotion, stabilised in the Championship then play-offs. Good steady progress. Obviously not sure of the ins and outs of his dismissal but I think it's a decent shout for Sunderland.

Don't think he's quite as volatile and random as di Canio.

Not sure about Sunderland at the moment, they seem to be all over the place and not knowing what they want to do from the very top of the club going down.

Griffo said:
Always liked Poyet as a player and enjoy listening to him. He did an excellent interview with Keys and Gray for their Talksport show a couple of weeks back.

He was doing a decent job at Brighton, promotion, stabilised in the Championship then play-offs. Good steady progress. Obviously not sure of the ins and outs of his dismissal but I think it's a decent shout for Sunderland.

Don't think he's quite as volatile and random as di Canio.

Not sure about Sunderland at the moment, they seem to be all over the place and not knowing what they want to do from the very top of the club going down.

Like the post Griffo....good and valid points made. I dunno what needs to happen to Sunderland so as to turn the club around. When I was a lad my dad said that having a team of world class players wouldn't necessarily mean that they would be successful.......but teams like Barca and to some extent Chelsea, Man U and now maybe Arsenal suggest otherwise. Cloughie did well with (please don't give me grief Derby County and Forest fans) with 'average' but workmanlike players.
Maybe the difference between a 'poor' team and a 'good' team is just a gnats wotsit away. By what I saw in the highlights of the Mackem v Man U game, Sunderland could have won the game by halftime. I wish Gus all the best.....even from a Toon lad!

Back
Top Bottom