Different blades for different razors

Just thought i would share this with other newbies,after trying a yellow 7 o clock blade with my new EJ89L and not being overly impressed today i thought of trying the same blade with a different razor.
So out came the FT Rocket i bought from Max and loaded it up with the same blade i used in the 89 now this is the first outing with the FT Rocket and what a difference in my shave so if you think a blade isn't up to much and if you do have another razor try different combinations,i didn't think it would make much of a difference but the results speak for themselves,so don't be too hasty in thinking a blade does not work for you, now its back to square one for trying combinations out.

Good post.

My current (I'm a bit fickle) favorite DE razor is a Trumper, which is basically a Mekur headed Chatsworth.

I can get good shaves with Swedes, Feathers, Iridium, Shark Super Chrome and 7 O'clock Greens (the Indian ones), but the 7 O'clock yellows just don't work in it.

Ian

scottymac said:
Just thought i would share this with other newbies,after trying a yellow 7 o clock blade with my new EJ89L and not being overly impressed today i thought of trying the same blade with a different razor.
So out came the FT Rocket i bought from Max and loaded it up with the same blade i used in the 89 now this is the first outing with the FT Rocket and what a difference in my shave so if you think a blade isn't up to much and if you do have another razor try different combinations,i didn't think it would make much of a difference but the results speak for themselves,so don't be too hasty in thinking a blade does not work for you, now its back to square one for trying combinations out.

I am going through the same process of trying different blades. Funny thing is, anything I put in my EJ does the business. I am beginning to think that I could shove a peice of rusty tin in it and it would still give a good shave. Totally different matter with my S/S. Most blades I have tried so far give an uncomfortable shave.

"Different Strokes for Different Folks"..err..razors that is!... :lol:
The only way to say they are almost the same is with 2 faces and 2 straight razors compared I think :mrgreen:

B

I have found that Feather blades don't work so well with the EJ Chatsworth Barley, it's the combination that somehow is not right for me. I was left feeling sore afterwards. So I don't use Feathers in the Chatsworth, yet other brands work fine.

But, put a Feather in the Merkur 25C open comb, and what a difference. Very mild, smooth, and easy. I thought I had wasted 30 unused Feather blades until using them with the 25C, so I probably won't use other blades with it but use them for the Chatsworth.

Most blades/razor combinations work Ok for me, obviously some a lot better than others but the one blade I can't get on with is the Feather.
I've tried every razor and setting available to me and I still end up with a sore face.:s
regards, beejay

I find Feathers and Gillette Yellows work very smoothly in all my razors ,with the exception of the Muhle R41...I have to use Astra SP 's in the Muhle....

Someone mentioned about using Derby blades in the R41...so when I get it back (It's on loan to my Son at the moment) I'll give the derby s' a try in the Muhle..see if they work as well as the Astra s'.... the Derby blades certainly don't work at all in any other razor for me...

Good post Scotty

Seeing that the word "Derby" is so infrequently used on this site, it inspired me to plan my shave of the day. Yes, a brand new Derby and the R41. For the occasion also opened up the Nanny's Rasage Traditionnel that I just received.
The "Derby" performed as I remembered. Two passes one with; one against and a very nice shave.
(not wanting to waste the new "Rasage" or the new "Derby" I did play around for a few more mins!).
The Rasage does leave a nice feeling after the shave is done!

Back
Top Bottom