Disinfection & Cleaning of Razors

Well the Truth is there will be more Germs on You're Nob than on you're Razor...Just stick it in Barbacide every Time You Go for a Piss..:eek:

Billy
I know a guy who is fanatical about washing hands before (and after) going to the toilet. The reasoning is that if you have more germs on your knob than on your hands you have a hygiene problem. He was known to put a thin layer of heat cream on pub toilet door handles to get his point across :eek:

I put a pan of water on to boil. Once boiling I put the offending article on an upturned dish replace the lid on the pan and let it sit in steam for 5 mins. Kills virtually everything and causes no damage. Works for me.

I reckon more germs exist on your donner kebab (has to be donner ;) )
than the razors.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Probably true but TBHWY HIV is something not to be taken lightly when buying used shaving equipment.

I just bought a used brush and I'm regreting already. At least with shavers one can desicfect them properly. I'm going to put the brush in desinfectan and if that kills the brush so be it. My fault and lesson learnt.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment with regards to no one wanting to contract HIV. I have just looked it up and read this piece on the very subject. I hope it puts your mind at rest and stops you potentially ruining a brush Merkurologist.
Thank you for using the AIDS Vancouver Online Helpline as your source of HIV/AIDS related information.
I'm including a chart below to allow you to better assess your own risk. Rest assured, I would not recommend you receive testing as a result of this. Shaving at a barber is a very common practice that has been ongoing for well over a century. If this was a way for HIV to be transmitted I think that more than half of the male population would be living with HIV currently. This is just not the case. HIV cannot live outside of the body, and it certainly cannot survive in a pot of shaving cream. Even if the last patron was shaved minutes earlier.
Take a look at the chart, and if you have any new questions feel free to contact us again.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment with regards to no one wanting to contract HIV. I have just looked it up and read this piece on the very subject. I hope it puts your mind at rest and stops you potentially ruining a brush Merkurologist.
Thank you for using the AIDS Vancouver Online Helpline as your source of HIV/AIDS related information.
I'm including a chart below to allow you to better assess your own risk. Rest assured, I would not recommend you receive testing as a result of this. Shaving at a barber is a very common practice that has been ongoing for well over a century. If this was a way for HIV to be transmitted I think that more than half of the male population would be living with HIV currently. This is just not the case. HIV cannot live outside of the body, and it certainly cannot survive in a pot of shaving cream. Even if the last patron was shaved minutes earlier.
Take a look at the chart, and if you have any new questions feel free to contact us again.
Thanks for that Wayne. I actually do feel better after reading your post.
Cheers.

I keep a large glass storage jar with about a litre of rubbing alcohol/surgical spirit. Every time I change a blade I remove the used blade, loosen the razor head and swish it around in the alcohol for a few seconds. Remove it and dry the parts with plain toilet tissue. This is cheap and effective.

I keep a large glass storage jar with about a litre of rubbing alcohol/surgical spirit. Every time I change a blade I remove the used blade, loosen the razor head and swish it around in the alcohol for a few seconds. Remove it and dry the parts with plain toilet tissue. This is cheap and effective.
you don't even have to bother with the paper. ~90% alcohol would take care of drying. It might look wet, but it will help residual water to evaporate and a minute later it will be completely dry, without tiny flakes of TP everywhere.

Any truth in the rumour you use that as a mouthwash in the demonstration on inner tranquillity Billy ?

JohnnyO. o/
My Teacher said to Once..I have Turned You into a Nuclear Bomb..Just be Carful when & where You Explode..He was Talkin about the Power of My Chi..The Chi is Like Napalm..Tranquil Still Water for Inner Tranquillity or it Can Turn into a Vicious Tornado & Hell Fire all in the Same Breath..Thats the Secret of Internal Martial Arts & Yin & Yang..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom