Distilled water

Strange request but can you think any likely stockists of distilled (not deionised) water as I'd rather not buy it online.

My white faced mutt suffers from tear stains and after upgrading his food considerably (made no difference) this is the second thing to try. It's not a life threatening disorder or anything, just unsightly and irritates him occasionally.

Edit (deionised)

Last edited:
Strange request but can you think any likely stockists of distilled (not-ionised) water as I'd rather not buy it online.

My white faced mutt suffers from tear stains and after upgrading his food considerably (made no difference) this is the second thing to try. It's not a life threatening disorder or anything it's just unsightly and irritates him occasionally.
ASDA. £1.15 for 2.5 litres.

I'd try your local large supermarket? Failing that, Halfords or somewhere like that, as you need distilled water in car batteries..... Or at least you used to!

The dog doesn't drink much so I just want to run somewhere and buy 5 litres for a couple of quid (like the good ol days) before I knock-up an industrial still.

Distilled water is purified by evaporation and purer than deionised which may still contain junk.

I have an empty 15l propane gas bottle doing nothing....mmmm.

Last edited:
The distillate from a dehumidifier is as good as distilled water....really?

Well, this is a long term change to the dog's diet so I need a long term solution. I probably won't go down the route of buying a dehumidifier just for the mutt unless I develop a damp problem.

The distillate from a dehumidifier is as good as distilled water....really?

Well, this is a long term change to the dog's diet so I need a long term solution. I probably won't go down the route of buying a dehumidifier just for the mutt unless I develop a damp problem.

Well to be honest I have no idea, but thats what the instructions said!

Definitely not worth buying the machine for this, they are expensive to buy and run. Just mentioned it in case you had one.

Back
Top Bottom