DMs

Any other DM fans here?

I can't remember being without a pair of some description since I was 11 (well over 30 years ago)! I've had lace up boots, Chelsea boots, shoes, dealer boots and steel toe capped boots. Through my motorbike and particularly scooter rally days they have been through hell and high water with me, and often been lived and slept in for 72 hours straight. The lace up boots pictured here are over 10 years old and going strong. Of all the pairs I've owned just one was faulty. A pair of cherry red shoes with a "wave" in the colouring. Changed, no questions.

To be honest it's pretty much Loake of DMs for me at the moment, and I don't see that changing any time soon. So, here's my current stable. Let's see yours.

I have one pair at the moment. I love them, haven't been out much recently so haven't been worn in a while. I'll sort put a picture later.

I'm sure there will be some DM lovers here.

Cheers.

That is the footwear equivalent of carbon offsetting....you need two pairs of slip-on Chelsea boots to make up for time you need entering and exiting the lace ups.

Here's mine, only worn a couple of times, resulting in blisters. Going to get some of the DM Balm that's suppose to help break them in. Exceptionally well made. I've had a few pair of DM's in the past, never had this much trouble though.

[attachment=9483]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391171420.411228.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391171420.411228.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 35
I've been wearing these for the last two months and we all know what kind of weather we have had, I own several pairs of leather sole brogues and they would have not stood up to daily wear and two months of rain, the Dr Martens are comfortable hard wearing and extremely practical.

Their standard work issue with me, 1 pair of Chelsea's and one pair of lace up steel toes depending on what activity i'm involved with. Bonus is...their free ;)

Northam Saint said:
Here's mine, only worn a couple of times, resulting in blisters. Going to get some of the DM Balm that's suppose to help break them in. Exceptionally well made. I've had a few pair of DM's in the past, never had this much trouble though.

I think that DMs do need more time to break in than most shoes, but I usually find the shoes worse than the boots as they tend to rub my heel raw at first. Once they are suitably bloodstained they seem to stop - perhaps that's the secret; coat the lining in blood! Maybe not...

I usually wear new shoes around the house for a few days to break them in gently..

pugh-the-special-one said:
I've been wearing these for the last two months and we all know what kind of weather we have had, I own several pairs of leather sole brogues and they would have not stood up to daily wear and two months of rain, the Dr Martens are comfortable hard wearing and extremely practical.

I saw these on the other thread - very nice. There is a nice book version too; the Affleck.

jaycey said:
Their standard work issue with me, 1 pair of Chelsea's and one pair of lace up steel toes depending on what activity i'm involved with. Bonus is...their free ;)

Alright for some! Private finance hasn't got that rough, yet!

I grew up in Wellingborough which is near where all of the factories were/are. My friends Mum used to teach shoe-making at the local college and they used the DM soles. this meant I occasionally got a pair of 'experimental DM's'. I think my favourites were blue suede ones with a brogue pattern.

I must admit being partial to Clarks Dessert Boots. These arrived today.

[attachment=9484]

I've had a few pairs across the years, they last long and I find them comfy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391185164.435216.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391185164.435216.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 32
I've got a pair of DM brogues that I wear everyday, they are the only shoes to last me more than a year and they are very comfortable.
Got a pair of 1460 boots too but I've hardly worn them..

20140201_154406_zpsa2499ddd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom