Do As I Say, Not As I Do !

971632_521498024580771_1997335245_n.jpg

I dislike people using their phones while driving.
I dislike rules that aren't enforced.

I detest the enforcers not even paying attention to the rules themselves!

If its gone viral (facebook, forums etc) it won't take long to get back to the police force concerned and this guy will be disciplined pretty bloody strongly I expect.

Bloody cheek, one rule for one, and one for another, I hope they find that police officer and grind his arse for setting a bad example :mad:

And so we go back to the new on-the-spot fines for lane hogging, mobile phone usage whilst driving, de dah!

I used to drink in a pub used by the local cops for lock-ins. They'd call in a couple of squad cars to accompany them home - one in front, one behind. Get pissed illegally. Drive illegally. Use public property illegally. Still, at least they weren't bent! Perks of the job, and all that!

He'll get off with something like:

"He was a passenger in the only left hand drive police van we have. The other hand (out of shot) is holding a cup of coffee... and the driver? We'll he's wearing an experimental new Police. invisibility cloak".

It so annoying that it is almost funny to me. Imagine seeing a Firefighter setting light to a house with a blowtorch.

Or a Policeman driving up your a**e, or a Policeman parking in a disabled bay to buy his lunch. Oh wait.

Don't be a spaz...if this gets back to his Super as it surely will he'll be severely reprimanded maybe even suspended, they take public image/perception extremely seriously and it shouldn't be too difficult to ID him with that ink.

SuperChrome said:
He'll get off with something like:

"He was a passenger in the only left hand drive police van we have. The other hand (out of shot) is holding a cup of coffee... and the driver? We'll he's wearing an experimental new Police. invisibility cloak".

It so annoying that it is almost funny to me. Imagine seeing a Firefighter setting light to a house with a blowtorch.

Or a Policeman driving up your a**e, or a Policeman parking in a disabled bay to buy his lunch. Oh wait.

they do that in america so ive heard.

once upon a time there were many arsonists in the ranks of there firefighters

That's correct, the law applies specifically to mobile phones, not radios or anything else. It's not illegal for anyone to use a CB radio hand microphone, for instance.

Well, at least, the police would have to prove in such cases that you were driving without due care and attention due to using the item. The mobile phone law was enacted to remove that difficulty in prosecuting what had become a big problem.

The laws apply just the same to police as to the rest of us mere mortals.

Same as the knife law prohibiting the carrying of locking blade folders, which coppers seem to ignore completely and carry leathermans etc.

Strangely enough I have more inclination to give lee way to the Police/Emergency Services than I do to the general public. For all the harassment and scars the Police have given me, they deserve something for putting up with the drunks and druggies if nothing else. Oh and all the dead people they end up looking at due to crashes/fires etc.

My hippy-punk self is now cringing.

Like any walk of life you get arse holes but the (Met) police have their fair share, luckily those pretend Regan types are getting fewer as they retire or die off and CID are being made to get back in uniform and walk the beat (pissed myself). Still..just remember one thing if they fail to remember they are public servants and act in an inappropriate manner....shoulder number officer? The duty sergent tried to placate me...

Why do you want to make a complaint sir?
Because he acted in an aggressive, condescending and intimidating manner over a trivial albeit valid traffic matter. (pulled over for front fogs being on accidentally in daylight)
What do you hope to achieve by making a complaint?
Hopefully it will be on his permanent record which will curtail any career advancement and he may refrain from behaving towards the public like that again.
So what did he say exactly?
Here, just listen to the recording.
Ah.

FoxyRick said:
Same as the knife law prohibiting the carrying of locking blade folders, which coppers seem to ignore completely and carry leathermans etc.

I'm not sure they do ignore the law in that example.

It's not against the law to carry a locking blade folder. Only if you do so "without lawful excuse" (or similar wording), the onus being on you to prove you have lawful excuse if challenged. I carry a locking blade Leatherman in my motorbike tool kit and sometimes when cycling. I've used it loads of times for small repairs and I would argue that the locking mech is a safety feature designed to prevent injury. I also carry a larger fixed blade knife when out shooting, it gets a lot of use paunching/gralloching or skinning etc. I believe I have "lawful excuse" in both instances. I know however that if I had either in my pocket when out shopping in town, or in the pub that I'd be breaking the law because I clearly had no "lawful excuse".

I suspect a copper could make a fairly convincing argument that a Leatherman gets used regularly in the course of their work and so they have lawful excuse.

The copper on his mobile though? Idiot - no excuse.

A couple of things spring to mind on looking at the picture.

1) Is there any evidence that the police vehicle is actually moving and not parked?

2) If the police vehicle was moving the driver taking the photograph was also driving, which makes him just as bad.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom