Do As I Say, Not As I Do !

Soup Dragon said:
I'm not sure they do ignore the law in that example.

<snip>

I suspect a copper could make a fairly convincing argument that a Leatherman gets used regularly in the course of their work and so they have lawful excuse.

I disagree. I see nothing in a police officer's job that would specifically require a knife. The possibility exists that one might be required, but that is no different to the possibility that I might require one in my daily life.

I certainly wouldn't get away with it on those grounds, neither should a police officer.

If they did require a knife, it would be part of the issued kit. It isn't and never has been.

Anyway, I'm sensitive about the 'knife laws', being a life-long knife aficionado, and this isn't the place really for arguments on the matter. so I'll shut up now.

Back on topic, there is a provision in the mobile phone act to allow use in an emergency situation where it is not feasible to stop or similar. The copper in question might be able to pull that excuse, providing he's not talking to his mistress or dealer. :dodgy:

IanM said:
2) If the police vehicle was moving the driver taking the photograph was also driving, which makes him just as bad.

Whilst true, what relevance does it have? Actually, the Cop needs a heavier penalty because of his position and setting an example - but both need a driving ban along with the millions of others (or thousands that I keep seeing over and over).

If I ruled the world, there'd be a GPS chip in all cell phones so they do not work if moving faster than a meter a minute (stop eyes-down pedestrians bumping into you, as well). Yes - and on trains!

IanM said:
A couple of things spring to mind on looking at the picture.

1) Is there any evidence that the police vehicle is actually moving and not parked?

2) If the police vehicle was moving the driver taking the photograph was also driving, which makes him just as bad.

Ian

The Police Federation would back the officer to the hilt on the basis of point No.1 and win as because of point No.2 the witness wouldn't be willing to contradict them.

Re: RE: Do As I Say, Not As I Do !

Bechet45 said:
If I ruled the world, there'd be a GPS chip in all cell phones so they do not work if moving faster than a meter a minute (stop eyes-down pedestrians bumping into you, as well). Yes - and on trains!

Agree about pedestrians but not about trains. Unless you're the train driver :p

971632_521498024580771_1997335245_n.jpg

Oh look he's holding the steering wheel pretending to drive just like he's pretending to use a mobile phone.

GUILTY milad.

Back
Top Bottom