Do you "display" your razor or put it away?

Do you "display" your razor or put it away?

• Display

• Put away

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
In a display cabinet, so guess ... err, display?

AIL4fc8DKhg0h7e4X5ZNJ0dk9ccX5SI3-ZbUh3ZQNzlhIHcPsAS6D9v02eDw9kgGqSeYijl-B1NnKgRRKJYf2Naz5-U4BqmXdgpDtIydrUVz0AvWjDqrvxH7zzTKs14aCWTdOFfMQrn3vP1hhDWISD4kyT21YQ=w600

A minor earthquake would be apocalyptic! :unsure:

Funnily enough, behind that bookcase is an RCD for an extension into the loft which needs resetting every now and again. I can actually swing one side about a foot or so to get to the plug behind without issue. You'd think it'd all come tumbling down, but it must be some kind of perfect ecosystem. If I get rid of any, it'll crumble.

Seems you have a hobby?

When I was into tabletop minitiature figuring gaming, that cabinet was full of little lead soldiers. Then, I was mad into car detailing and that cabinet was full of tubs of wax and so on ... now, yes, it's full of razors and soap.

I came to traditional shaving about 10 years ago and to be frank, this is the consolidated collection. I like 1912s and I like Techs ... there's a lot of both.

Display

I have the matching stand, and I only own three razors.
I don't do rotation.

For years the Rex Envoy was my only Razor. When it broke I picked up a game changer .84 OC to keep me shaving while it made its way to Arizona for repair and back.

As the service was good, I bought a Konsul from them last week. It'll be my new daily razor. The other two will remain in storage in their boxes, only to be used in the event the Konsul breaks.

There's a long, deep windowsill the bathroom. It sits there (where the air can get at it) along with a brush, a splash and two soaps and an alum block.

The brush gets rotated. The soaps get rotated. The splash gets rotated. The razor remains constant.

Display mine along with my brushes and soaps. I made a display shelf and they live there. As I only have 3 Razors, 7 Brushes and 15 Soaps it looks neat and tidy.

Back
Top Bottom