Do you ever get impatient?

I've now acquired a healthy amount of cream and soaps. Well maybe a bit to healthy. But do you guys get frustrated when you can't use all your stuff enough?

I have my regular go to ones, but then I feel I'm neglecting all other ones. It wouldn't be so bad if the ones I did use went down quickly but they don't! I've got far more than I can realistically use so feel its wasting. I presume it won't go off? There all in sealed containers. I just want to try all these different scents!

If only my facial hair said I needed to shave more than once every other day I would be set. I'm actually contemplating only doing two passes so I'm presentable but not BBS so I can shave more frequently.

What have I got myself into! My names Matt and I'm addicted. Well to spending at least!

I know the feeling well.

I managed to collect so many razors I just couldn't get round to using them regularly enough. It seemed wrong to me to have a Fatboy and others in the drawer that were never getting used so in the end I decided to sell a load of razors and just keep a few favourites.

I'm down to a respectable 14 razors now, which is a manageable amount, along with the 11 brushes, although I do have my eye on another iKon.

I have enough different blades to use a different brand every day for 2 months, but always seem to stick with one of my favourites, and loads of different soaps I haven't got round to trying yet. I only tend to experiment at weekends so don't get time to get through it all.

I've only been DE shaving since March this year and only managed to completely use one tube of Supermax cream, I have a few others on the go but they all seem to last ages, esp my Cella, I've hardly made a dent. I shave every day so thought I would get through a few, I suppose it's a good thing at least the cost is low, god knows how may cans of goo I would have got through in that time.

Your's is a problem of the young! You will learn - with luck - that life is longer than you imagine right now and that in time, everything will have its season, perhaps many times over. Patience is a virtue in the young and an acceptance of life in the senior person, like what I am.

Now, when will Curry's deliver my fecking Asus tablet????!!!!!? Six fecking days already!!!!

yup - i've had to move the extra soaps and creams from the bathroom - it was actually starting to annoy me. i'm pretty sure my palmolive tub is going to last until february.

and don't get me started on the list of soaps i want to try...

Lol @ Betchet

If you want to use up some cream/soap, you need to get yourself a chubby.

I'm determined to finish off a TOBS cream at the moment and I've broken out the Chubby 2's (best and 2 band super). In 3 shaves, I can see quite a bit of the plastic bottom :) :)

It should be demolished in the next 10 shaves I imagine.

I've worked out my own approach to shaving creams. I'm sticking to it at the moment, but who knows?
1 - Have one cream with a single smell... currently TOBS Sandalwood
2 - Have one with a complex make-up with lots of notes... currently Truefitt & Hill 1805
3 - Have one tube for travelling, which can be anything you like... currently TOBS Jermyn St.

I also tend to use a generous amount each day... maybe equivalent to one "large" almond in size to try and use it up (also because there's nothing worse than scraping the bottom of my lather tub when I need a couple of extra touch ups)... but it still lasts ages

Funnily enough, I was thinking of getting a Chubby 1 or 2 for Christmas... do they gobble up the lather then?

I'm actually pretty happy with where I am. I have 6 soaps that are in regular but informal rotation. I've got several more in well-stored reserve and, although I'm eager to try them, I'm happy enough with my line-up as to not think about opening something new before its time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 2014 before I do, considering the tiny dents I've made into my soap stock thus far. It's a similar sorry with the hardware. I have 4 brushes that all see time of day and currently 5 DE razors - each getting regular use; I'm not going to 'trim the flock' nor am I tempted by (m)any others.

In fact, I've reached a comfortable status quo in my shaving journey. I know and I like my set-up. There's only really one purchase I plan on making but can't until it's in stock (Weber ARC). My wallet is definitely happy with this news... little does it know I'm already planning on reallocating my shaving budget on other pursuits...

WiffWaff said:
I've worked out my own approach to shaving creams. I'm sticking to it at the moment, but who knows?
1 - Have one cream with a single smell... currently TOBS Sandalwood
2 - Have one with a complex make-up with lots of notes... currently Truefitt & Hill 1805
3 - Have one tube for travelling, which can be anything you like... currently TOBS Jermyn St.

I also tend to use a generous amount each day... maybe equivalent to one "large" almond in size to try and use it up (also because there's nothing worse than scraping the bottom of my lather tub when I need a couple of extra touch ups)... but it still lasts ages

Funnily enough, I was thinking of getting a Chubby 1 or 2 for Christmas... do they gobble up the lather then?

The chubby 1 not so much but the chubby 2 and 3 will eat through your soaps and creams noticeably quicker than a chubby 1 or any other brush in my experience.

I started reading the original post but skipped to the end ;-)

I get impatient. In two years I've used up a couple of tubs of shaving cream and no soaps although it's only in the last few months that soaps and creams get a near 50-50 use. There are quite a few creams that are a third full or less but those which would be bought again already have been; I keep my open soaps and creams in the bathroom and my unopened, replacement ones (of which I have about six or seven) on top of my wardrobe (and my wardrobe is not in the bathroom!). I have approximately fifty creams and soaps on the go, not including those I have more than one of. It is too many really but I do at least make sure I am not stingy with the creams or soap lathering. I also find I am drawn to the mid- to lower-end creams as there's little more than packaging, branding and a 'sophisticated' smell to the higher end creams. That said, I still like some of the high end ones (usually if someone else is paying) and I'm game to try anything once!*

*That's limited to shaving and food, in case Pig Cat gets any ideas.

No I don't get frustrated with my shaving stash, but I am getting Very Frustrated with the postal services just of late....

once again I now have to go down the sorting office to pick up a parcel.did the post man knock?.....No, Just dump a card in the letterbox...want it? get it your self knob head!!!!! It seems they no longer give a monkeys toss about delivering things. :mad:

Impatient..? Oh my, yes. I've recently decided that I can't justify buying another soap or cream until I've used up some of the ones I have. I don't actually have that many (relative to some other people here) but what I do have would probably last a year or two. I'm trying to stick to my guns but I'll be in Paris tomorrow and might have the opportunity to saunter over to Planete Rasior for some MdC... you can see my dilemma.

Bechet45 said:
Your's is a problem of the young! You will learn - with luck - that life is longer than you imagine right now and that in time, everything will have its season, perhaps many times over. Patience is a virtue in the young and an acceptance of life in the senior person, like what I am.

Now, when will Curry's deliver my fecking Asus tablet????!!!!!? Six fecking days already!!!!

That's a great point, I'm sure it will all come to play in time. But while it sits there I can't help think I've wasted money, deep down I know it's not the case but I just wish I could get round to using it all more.

Good look with the tablet!

Back
Top Bottom