Do you think razors have personalities?

This occurred to me as I was trying out my Feather All Stainless this morning... It seemed rather austere, almost impersonal as it efficiently and meticulously shaved off my whiskers. Maybe it was the mood I was in, but my iKon Open Comb Bulldog seemed much more lively, almost chirpy and cheerful, the morning before - just as efficient, but a totally different character to it.

Just wondered if I'm the only one to feel this way...?

My Merkur 11c is called Nigel and my 1970's Superspeed is called Trevor.

They don't like each other so I have to keep them appart.

Nigel once told me that Trevor had been putting fluff in my belly button for fun.

Trevor denied it and said Nigel was forever claiming to have invented the saucepan.

joe mcclaine said:
My Merkur 11c is called Nigel and my 1970's Superspeed is called Trevor.

They don't like each other so I have to keep them appart.

Nigel once told me that Trevor had been putting fluff in my belly button for fun.

Trevor denied it and said Nigel was forever claiming to have invented the saucepan.

Nigels right. He did invent the saucepan.

My birth year razor - a superspeed has one of the same characteristics as me.

I/it really cant be bothered to remove whiskers in the morning!

It must be a 1978 thing :lol:

man of leisure said:
Not sure about razors having a personality but that Vinny or is it Jo sure has.

No, no, no! any bloke who continually shaves with cartridges & goo bought by Harry Staish* and has a 14" tall plastic puppet of a 10 year old boy as an alter-ego cannot be taken seriously.

No matter how smart his 'tache is ;)

* Harry Staish - nickname given to RAF Station Cdrs, commonly of the Gp Capt rank. Obviously now I have told you - I Ki-iillll You!!!!!

Oh yes, there are some with a lot of personality. Not so much the DEs, and anyway that depends upon what blades you put in them, but the straights are all different.

"Peter Lorre" is a 150 year old German / American 4/8 spike with a sweet nature, unless you lose concentration and he has one of his psychotic episodes. "Brigitte Helm" is an anorexic German 3/8 with a split personality. "Gert Fröbe" isn't as bad as he looks, and "Max Schreck" ... well that one just won't behave as things stand. I'm still looking for "Deborah Unger" ;)

I dont know much about a st8 razor having a mind of its own..but sure makes ya "man up" and focus :mrgreen:

Arrowhead said:
Oh yes, there are some with a lot of personality. Not so much the DEs, and anyway that depends upon what blades you put in them, but the straights are all different.

"Peter Lorre" is a 150 year old German / American 4/8 spike with a sweet nature, unless you lose concentration and he has one of his psychotic episodes. "Brigitte Helm" is an anorexic German 3/8 with a split personality. "Gert Fröbe" isn't as bad as he looks, and "Max Schreck" ... well that one just won't behave as things stand. I'm still looking for "Deborah Unger" ;)

Well I have noticed a poor attitude with my youngest razor Mr Merkur he's only just turned 34 you C ? And he's obviously found out there's going to be a new younger razor in the house,the new Mr Merkur he's a cool looking chap very smart and very contemporary looking, and my other razor feels he doesn't have a FUTUR ? But he should know I treat all my children as equals!

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom