Doctor Who

I've liked and enjoyed Dr Who for quite some time and even though Matt Smith took some time, for me, to get used to I ended up really liking his doctor.

But, uh, Peter Capaldi's doctor...I have to say I rather dislike almost everything about it.
Now, the man can act I give him that so maybe it's the writing and directing that is 'off' for me.

I don't mind a 'darker' doctor but Capaldi is just, to me, way too joyless, brooding and rather alienating (pun intended) for me to take a liking to him.

I am also aware of that every doctor have his own 'thing' - be it a scarf, tennis shoes or something else but boy oh boy...do I ever hate the sunglasses and the inane guitar playing.

Last week's episode was the last for me until the next regeneration.

Here in the US Doctor Who is very much a "Nerd/Geek culture" phenomena but I know that in the UK it's still very much a family/children show.
Do any of you watch the show and if so how are you liking the season so far?

13_doctors__but_to_me_12__by_butters101-d7a11ck.jpg

I do find him OK but those sunglasses are cringe worthy and hate it everytime he puts them on. May of worked with Matt Smith.

I actually prefered The Master in this incarnation.

Thanks to the interweb,I have probably grabbed every available episode since it first began,so have managed to not only revisit my favourite childhood episodes,but also the episodes pre John Petwee,and post Tom Baker (I stopped watching it after Tom),and all the re-born versions too.
Although I still prefer Tom Baker,some of the Colin Baker and Peter Davidson episodes are fairly good,as I quite like a darker character!.
Hence,I like Peter Capaldi's doctor,although I also find the guitar/glasses thing annoying.
Was not too keen on Matt Smith,just could not really get used to the idea of having a 2000 year old man that looked too young to shave.Although some of the story lines were not bad,especially the 'village of pensioners' episode!.

I will admit to being old enough to have been around since the beginning, laughing at my kid brother hiding his eyes from all the nasties in time and space.
I am in no way a Dr purist, so some of my fond memories of the Dr will not be everyone else's cup of tea.
I liked the Tennant take on the part a lot, it was the first time without a comic undertone I truly believed the Dr cared about us, his on off will he won't he relationship with the lovely miss BP was a real growing up of the whole I am the Doctor thing, personal opinion, your views will differ.

Psychology. There is only one true Doctor.
His name is Valentino Rossi.

I know it was hard in those days but I think you wouldnt of had it any other way... I've heard some good stories from customers with their childhoods
Damp bed in a house that was falling down, light switches that gave you a nasty little reminder that electricity was involved, rats invading the wash-house because the rest of the road was being demolished, going swimming in lieu of taking a bath - given the choice, I'd have accepted another way.

In fact if someone from the future wants to come back for me circa 1964 - pm me and I'll give you the address. I'm sure no-one will notice another few blue lights on the Tardis.

Damp bed in a house that was falling down, light switches that gave you a nasty little reminder that electricity was involved, rats invading the wash-house because the rest of the road was being demolished, going swimming in lieu of taking a bath - given the choice, I'd have accepted another way.

In fact if someone from the future wants to come back for me circa 1964 - pm me and I'll give you the address. I'm sure no-one will notice another few blue lights on the Tardis.
Sounds like 'Cathy Come Home'....:eek:
I live in an old house,and the worse thing is the bloody damp and mould.
Not to mention the plaster falling on your head whilst in bed!,it is 1920's limestone plaster I think,and it falls off in chunks!,even with a good 3-4 coats of vinyl silk over it.
Living in the sticks,rats are always a problem too.MEH!.
And then there are the drains,they block up at least once a month....
Last year they blocked up on Christmas Day...Imagine not being able to flush the crapper on that day eh?....:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom