Does Your Family Wet Shave

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Last night i was getting ready for bed when my youngest son ( 24 ) decided he was having a shower & shave,
Number 2 son has always been a bit mellow dramatic,
everything in life is an issue,
He laughs at me shaving,
calls me a weirdo lol and everything else that goes along with having kids,
Don’t get me wrong we get on very well,
but the two of us bounce of each other
he is a mini me.
So last night i hear noises coming from the bathroom
No not them noises before you ask lol
So in i went, i say what’s all the noise, what’s the problem,
He replied this razor is tugging my hairs iv let it go to long, ( Cartridge )
I said ffs it’s not that bad surely,
he said it is, & i could actually see it tugging.
So i forgot to mention he ran out of canned goo so i said do you want me to whip up a lather for you,
yes he said but nothing smelly :sleep:
I said to the wife i’m half way there to converting him,
she said never.
After his tugging session ( with the razor :unsure: )
I said do you want to try one of mine,
No he said,
i said you won’t cut yourself so he gave in.
Out came the Occam’s Oren with a Pro Guard, and to my astonishment he was in love,
Dad this is the second best thing you’ve taught me, i don’t want to ask what was the first lol.
Anyway from the boy that hates everything to now being a semi convert to the wet shaving cause,
He loved it to the extent he said can i try another soap tomorrow :love:.
He wears my socks, Boxers, t-shirts & just about everything else i own,
i just hope he doesn’t end up down the rabbit hole as i know the idiot that will be paying for it all.

Does you kids / family wet shave ????

No-one in my family does.

My stepson doesn't shave at all. He doesn't cut his hair either. I think his long term plan is to look like Cousin Itt.

My dad never used a double edge razor, and he's 66 now. He had a Sensor Excel when I was a teenager. He told me if I used a DE I'd cut myself!

One of my friends last week showed an interest and says once he's used up his Harry's cartridges he will have a lend of one of my razors. I'll give him a little sample of hardware and software but I don't want to introduce too many variables at once.

Last night i was getting ready for bed when my youngest son ( 24 ) decided he was having a shower & shave,
He laughs at me shaving,
he is a mini me.
So i forgot to mention he ran out of canned goo so i said do you want me to whip up a lather for you,
she said never.
No he said,
Out came the Occam’s Oren with a Pro Guard, and to my astonishment he was in love,
Dad this is the second best thing you’ve taught me, i don’t want to ask what was the first lol.
Anyway from the boy that hates everything to now being a semi convert to the wet shaving cause,
i just hope he doesn’t end up down the rabbit hole as i know the idiot that will be paying for it all.

No one in my family does but I’ve no intention of teaching my son to use carts so he will in the next year or so I’m guessing!

Just me and the wife in my house and the wife point blank refuses to try it. She’s adamant she will continue using crappy multi blade cartridges. Managed to get her down to 3 blade cartridges instead of those bloody 6 blade abominations. Tried to convince her to buy a leaf razor and I would deal with the blade changes but again she point blank refuses. Best thing about it is she cuts herself every time she shaves as she refuses to throw a blade away until it’s virtually rusted. Very frustrating.

Just me and the wife in my house and the wife point blank refuses to try it. She’s adamant she will continue using crappy multi blade cartridges. Managed to get her down to 3 blade cartridges instead of those bloody 6 blade abominations. Tried to convince her to buy a leaf razor and I would deal with the blade changes but again she point blank refuses. Best thing about it is she cuts herself every time she shaves as she refuses to throw a blade away until it’s virtually rusted. Very frustrating.
My wife’s the same although she doesn’t cut herself thankfully
if i had to put a plaster on it
it would probably heal up ;)

EXACTLY the same scenario with my wife, so I'm the only one. Daughter is way too little to shave her legs but hopefully witnessing all the paraphernalia I stock, I may have a chance to get her on the right way.

My two brothers grow beards and my dad altough he started with a DE back in the day he's now a cartridge converted. On his last visit I got him to try an injector which he did like but he said cartridges are better.... :censored:

I converted Matron. She loves a bit of naked blade on the skin. She has an EJ DE89 which is gold with an ivory octagonal handle. Very pretty just like her.

I converted a mate years ago who loves the old type clone I gave him and won’t use anything else. He’s gutted they stopped doing the Palmolive stick but at least he can still get the cream.

I tried with my brothers but one has no patience and stated that DE is shite. He wouldn’t follow any advice or watch YouTube videos so I’ll just leave him to his Harry’s shite. His twin managed ok and could get a good shave but he’s too used to carts and prefers their speed as ease of use. He’ll only shave twice a week and ain’t fussed with BBS or owt like that.

My Dad told me DE doesn’t work. He had a beard for most of my younger years then went through various cart systems finally finishing with a Mach 3 before deciding to grow his beard back. I’ll be honest, if I had beard growth like him (wolf man), I’d probably grow and beard for good. Perhaps I’d get fed up with it and shave it off occasionally as I’d no doubt miss the rasping routine.

Aye, TLDR again….sheesh.

My two daughters used to nick my soap and shaving brushes for leg shaves, “Here you’ve got your own brushes and soaps now, leave mine alone!” Alas they use cartridge razors! Still time to get them to use DE

He laughs at me shaving,
he is a mini me.
she said never.
No he said,

Hey man, it's "melodramatic".

Back
Top Bottom