Does your pens write different colors

So I have a Parker and a safari

Both had different ink in until recently now they both have Florida blue in. The Parker seams to be darker then the safari both when writing and when it's dried. Is this normal?

Did you flush out your pen thoroughly before changing ink? If there was some residue of the old ink that might affect the colour.

Nibs can also make a difference in how a fountain pen writes. A finer nib normally dispenses less ink than a medium one, and certainly less than a broad nib, and therefore the colour won't look as saturated on paper. There can even be a difference with the same size nibs if one writes wetter than the other.

Agree with Frankie. It's amazing how much ink an Empty pen will have in it!!!
Find flushing and soaking to clean one out to chg inks or to store takes forever!!!

Ink residue almost certainly - especially if it starts with the old colour (or an obvious combination of old & new) and turns into the loaded colour. I had one vintage pen here that started out black for the first 3 refillings (despite being *very* well flushed before each filling) and quickly went to the turquoise I actually loaded...

Some inks (particularly permanent - or rather water permanent/resistant - ones) are tough customers to get out completely especially with a water flush. However you probably don't want to flush with anything else due to the risk of dissolving some of the materials of the pen... Nothing more than hand hot water and plenty of it.

Back
Top Bottom