'Dot' cuts when shaving

mynameisworm said:
Wow, thanks for all your help. I seem that DE is the way to go. I am in the middle of Wensleydale so will be doing most of my purchasing online.

I can't believe how much support there is for going DE, its not something that I have come across before. I will keep you updated as to how I get on.

Thanks again!
Gillette and Wilkinson Sword have managed to dumb down shaving over the years and what was a skill to be learned has been replaces with a "fail safe" system of swivelling heads and multiple blades.

The weepers (dots) which you refer to are a result of using pressure and having multiple blades. With a DE you have to learn how to shave i.e. no pressure get the right blade angle and several passes etc. Using proper soap or cream and a brush will provide a better glide and protection than the canned stuff but again you need to learn how to do it.

Once you have learned how to make a good lather and how to shave with a DE you will most likely find that shaving with a cartridge yields better results than it ever did before, however, its unlikely you'll want to be spending through the nose on multi blade carts.

Back
Top Bottom