Dovo/Merkur insolvent

Hopefully the likes of Edwin Jagger and MÜHLE are still ok. I imagine it's these brands, along with Merkur, that make the products most new entrants to the wet shaving buy and use initially.

It's an untenable position given that labor in Germany is beyond exorbitant and you can buy Zamak razors light years cheaper from China. They're toast.

They could move manufacture to China and assemble in Germany; of course then they could not use Solingen in the name. I have the 34C, 37C and Progress, all great razors but the Progress is my favourite. Let us hope they can keep the Merkurs going. The 15C looks an interesting open comb but not often discussed. I never liked the look of the Futur but the Chinese seemed to have cloned it successfully.

They could move manufacture to China and assemble in Germany; of course then they could not use Solingen in the name. I have the 34C, 37C and Progress, all great razors but the Progress is my favourite. Let us hope they can keep the Merkurs going. The 15C looks an interesting open comb but not often discussed. I never liked the look of the Futur but the Chinese seemed to have cloned it successfully.
Yes the Futur clones are good - got them for my kids, even inscribed with their names to prevent fighting, and all for a fraction of what I paid for mine. I do like Merkur and was most certainly a fan-boi for long enough. I think I probably still have them all but the 39c would be my DE of choice if I could have only one Merkur.

Back
Top Bottom