Ebay Links Poll

Do you want to see a rule imposed which disallows posting of live ebay links?

• yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
PS

If you are having trouble voting, change your board style to Maxthon in the User control panel then try again.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8281</a><!-- l -->

have a look there Peter.

Fido said:
Is there a case for and against to help us make up our minds?

Fido,

The tread that started it, and both sides :)
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8281</a><!-- l -->

Max

Hmm. I've just voted "no", but that's a matter of semantics really. Banning all live links would in theory prohibit the "look at this plank who's just put a starting price of £500 on a Fatboy which is actually a Slim" sort of posts which are innocent enough in my opinion; on the other hand linking to auctions which other members are likely to be bidding on is clearly going to cause some well founded annoyance. I'd like to think that anyone who was thinking of doing the latter would exercise some restraint without the need for legislation.

Arrowhead said:
Hmm. I've just voted "no", but that's a matter of semantics really. Banning all live links would in theory prohibit the "look at this plank who's just put a starting price of £500 on a Fatboy which is actually a Slim" sort of posts which are innocent enough in my opinion; on the other hand linking to auctions which other members are likely to be bidding on is clearly going to cause some well founded annoyance. I'd like to think that anyone who was thinking of doing the latter would exercise some restraint without the need for legislation.

Thats the problem they dont show any restraint or are lacking the common sense.

A while ago I sold a razor on an E-Bay charity auction and advertised the fact on here. I don't know if it made any difference to the end price, but I would like to have the choice to be able to do the same in the future.

Smell The Glove said:
A while ago I sold a razor on an E-Bay charity auction and advertised the fact on here. I don't know if it made any difference to the end price, but I would like to have the choice to be able to do the same in the future.

If the vote ends up being a ban on linking live ebay links then I am sure that the mods would waive that rule when it came to an auction that would benefit a charity.

Just ban members that post live links to shaving kit, especially stuff I'm interested in, other than that I'm not bovered.

Word will get round soon enough.

there is nothing worse than blatant marketing. If it's a review or opinion then yes but links are bad if it's a generic message posted by some PR company to boost their own sales. Problem is trying to weed them out? Maybe there could be a "report as spam option" on posts with links or something?

Back
Top Bottom