Edwin Jagger or Muhle for first razor?

I've had both, once owned a Muhle 89 chrome and I've still got a Jagger 87 imitation ivory, they're both lovely quality and personally speaking I never noticed a difference in the shaves but then I'm a bit agricultual compared to some of the refined gents here. It's the same head, so your choice is down to your preference of look of the handle really, and maybe price. I think the Jaggers used to go for a good bit less (I'm sure you could get them via Amazon for £17 at one point) so that might still be a factor?

Gairdner said:
P.S. the black handled EJ would make a great pair with one of my favourite boar brushes, the Omega 20102.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look at that brush. The brush will be the next thing being upgraded, I'm currently using the Wilkinson Sword brush. So many to go for according to the threads on here!

I used the Wilkinson Sword Classic for around 10 years in the 1990s. My first proper razor was the EJ Chatsworth Barley which I bought just over 2 years ago. But I had been using cartridge razors for a while beforehand.

My first razor is the Parker 90r TTO. Like the OP, I'm trying to decide between the DE89LBL and Muhle R89.
Are the heads really identical or just really similar? I like the knurled grip of the Muhle but I like the cost savings of the EJ.

Back
Top Bottom