Edwin Jagger products, your views please.

Glad to hear it! I still play it now as it's officially free these days. I modified the rules.ini file to change the weapons, armour, speed, owners etc. of vehicles and buildings. Can't get enough of it!

NotTheStig said:
Glad to hear it! I still play it now as it's officially free these days. I modified the rules.ini file to change the weapons, armour, speed, owners etc. of vehicles and buildings. Can't get enough of it!

I used to do that too!

Haven't played PC games for years, I occassionaly have a blast on Starcraft but that's it.

There is a site that lets you do internet play with it. I haven't tried that, I just play single (human) player skirmishes since changing rules.ini stops you being able to play the storyline properly!
You can download it here if you're interested. http://redalert1.com I even could send you my rules.ini so you have something to start with.

I started with an EJ brush on the advice of some forums. I did not like it. Moved on to Shavemac, bought a Semogue, & a TGN brush. From there, I moved on to Simpsons, D01, M&F, Kent, etc.

EJ ranks right up there with overpriced crud. Horrid value for the money.

Haven't tried Fido's regular silvertip, but I hear it is not bad. Not top tier, but not bad is the impression I get.

I believe Rod Neep uses TGN knots.

I don't really know what is available in the UK and with the new import laws, imports from the US get the VAT tax added, which adds to the cost.

Anyway, all I can say is stay away from EJ brushes, there are better options out there.

I like Edwin Jagger products, and the best place to get them from is the English Shaving Company.

I have used EJ hydrating preshave lotion - good for a smooth comfortable shave,

pre shave face scrub - very mild, caramel like aroma

Aloe vera - shaving cream - good and rich though not my favourite

Sea Buckthorn shaving cream - slightly fruity - one of my favourites

Sea Buckthorn post shave balm - a favourite, a bit expensive though

Chatsworth Barley chrome razor - an older razor, may still be available, quite heavy to use at 110g, one of EJ's more expensive razors

Chatsworth 'ebony' synthetic bristle shaving brush - creates a good lather, with no absorption - £36, but there are cheaper EJ brushes available from £25. EJ has a good range of synthetic bristle brushes. I haven't tried any of their badger brushes, as I prefer to use synthetic bristle.

Ebony brush stand - appears a bit on the functional side, ideal for the Chatsworth brush and is only £3. It can also be used for the Wilkinson Sword brush, Omega syntex brush, but not the Men U shaving brush, but this has its own stand anyway.

But!!!!!!!, think how much you may have spent on cartridges. Even by converting to double edge razor shaving you save enough money to begin to get better things to shave with compared to cartridges.

I don't generally use shaving soaps as I get irritation when I use them.

Helveticum said:
asharperrazor said:
Haven't tried Fido's regular silvertip, but I hear it is not bad. Not top tier, but not bad is the impression I get.

I believe Rod Neep uses TGN knots.

Fido uses TGNs if I'm not mistaken, Rod uses other ones.

Excuse my ignorance but I'd never heard of TGN knots before. A quick google reveals them to be The Golden Nib, but can anyone comment on the quality of these knots?

Rocket Man said:
Excuse my ignorance but I'd never heard of TGN knots before. A quick google reveals them to be The Golden Nib, but can anyone comment on the quality of these knots?

TGN Grade A ST & NF silvertip seem to be the same quality according to reports. I will confirm once I get a NF ST sample.

TGN Grade A is roughly the same quality as Simpsons Best. So is their regular silvertip now that I think about it.

TGN Finest is the same quality as Lijun & FS. Sometimes its the same quality as Simpsons 2 band, but only sometimes. There is way too much variation in quality among the first three mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom