Edwin Jagger Silver Tip first use.

I am posting in here as I don't believe I know enough to do a review on it.

Previous brush was a Man-u brush.

Man I could not believe the difference in feel and how well it lathers! Definitely don't regret buying it!
:D

And it will just get better and better for at least the next two weeks as it breaks in. Wait till it is capable of full lather generation and then you will never want to shave with anything else.

Audiolab said:
And it will just get better and better for at least the next two weeks as it breaks in. Wait till it is capable of full lather generation and then you will never want to shave with anything else.

That's what I thought when I had my first badger. But then I found out about horse brushes and am quite keen on them now. I have a hard time picking the brush - when feeling fresh & cheerie, I'll pick the horse, when feeling a bit less so a good badger can't be beat.

/m

My personal preference is for Badger, I have tried (allegedly) the best boars but not horse. I find none of them can hold the lather as well as a good badger brush and none of them feel as good on the face but my statement about the brush getting better is equally applicable to both badger; yes you are correct in that bar or horse will improve more dramatically.

Boar and horse will take longer to break and to be honest the only tangible benefit when fully broken I found with them was they tend to stay slightly stiffer so cheap boar or horse compared to cheap badger I would take the boar or horse. For a more expensive brush it has to be badger for me.

Back
Top Bottom