Egyptian and Indian Blades

Having tried all the Gillette's, Personna and top rated blades already I was inspired to try some of the blades from Mr Carrington's excellent post. Egyptian and Indian blades seemed the next selection to try. Already having tried Shark, Super Chrome being excellent and stainless being average.
Next one to try, Supermax Vidyut in the brown package, sharp but not that smooth so swapped it out for a supermax Super Platinum today and wow! Incredibly smooth and very sharp (have already ordered another 300 from bestshave being only £6 per 100.
Lord Platinum and Chrome plus Rapira Ladas to try next. I suspect the Chrome will be like the Shark Chromes. Being a Rapira fan I have high hopes for the Ladas.
Obviously the ones I don't get on with will be Piffed on for others to try.

Seriously though, do try the Supermax super platinum!

I haven't tried the Supermax Super Platinum, or the cheaper, card-packet Vidyut Supermaxes, but I liked the brown Supermax Stainless in my 34c when I tried them - I shall have to order myself some more.

isaiah53 said:
SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Seriously though, do try the Supermax super platinum!

+1 on that, ive been using them recently and theyre excellent. im finding the 3rd shave with the blade to be the best, they feel similar to me to the 7 o'clock blacks.

I would compare the sharpness to the Blacks and smoothness of 7 o clock green. Best of both worlds for me.

Interesting about supermax super plat blades as was interested in those or the stainless but some less enthusiastic reviews made me less keen. May just have to get some added to the 'queue'...

hmm, i just got some supermax platiniums from Connaught, not the supers though, i'll have to see what they are like.

good service from them i must say.

steve

isaiah53 said:
just noticed as well bestshave have put their prices up on the super plats, went up £2 for 100. still a good buy at £8.60 but i dont know whether this signals further rises on these blades.

I got 400 of these while they were cheaper. I would say they were equal to Gillette blacks and super thins.

isaiah53 said:
just noticed as well bestshave have put their prices up on the super plats, went up £2 for 100. still a good buy at £8.60 but i dont know whether this signals further rises on these blades.

They probably read this thread!

Back
Top Bottom