English Artisan Soaps?

Just received my first OSP order, and first British artisan soap. Shogun. Couldn't wait to try it and did so tonight. Runnier than other shaving creams but fantastic lather with minimal effort - the best I've ever had! And the Shogun fragrance is absolutely fabulous - rich, and full - ginger and May Chang (smells like lemongrass to me!). I'm hooked!

Just received my first OSP order, and first British artisan soap. Shogun. Couldn't wait to try it and did so tonight. Runnier than other shaving creams but fantastic lather with minimal effort - the best I've ever had! And the Shogun fragrance is absolutely fabulous - rich, and full - ginger and May Chang (smells like lemongrass to me!). I'm hooked!
I'm sure it will not be your last OSP order! :)

I've just put in an order for shogun, the scent sounds interesting, hopefully not like a stirfry!

I have tried one soap each of Wickhams and P&B, great soaps for shaving but tough luck especially for me as a cheap old geezer had to bin both Sheridans and Citra Royale as She Who Must be Obeyed truly hated the scents, not a fan myself of scents by a long shot but having spent hard earned cash would have preferred to soldier on :)

Sod that buy what you like. You should have sold them on BST. Best thing to do is buy a sample and test it on SWMBO to see if she likes it. I have both Wickhams and Phoenix and Beau soaps and both are excellent. If you like a fresh, citrus smell and she like maybe a deeper, muskier smell try Wickham's Citrus Musk. It has a citrus top note but matures into a deeper scent as it is applied and lingers on the skin.

Maybe try OSP Spice Road or Sandalwood? I would get samples from Connaught first so you are not out of pocket. Not smelt them but they sound good. I like light and refreshing scents really along with Lavender and fougere scents.

I am a fan of scents just strong enough to make shave a bit more interesting but with zero staying power so unscented soap mixed with small portion of smelly soap works for me (got a 1000 gram of Vitos so room for plenty of samples to test :) )

He has some nice scents or rather nice sounding scents lol: I was looking at fougere on his page but I said no more money at the moment and I mean it lol. I can't spend yet another £15 on something I don't really need and getting good shaves with the Wickams, P&B and Nanny's rotation. I will buy some of his gear in time. He does not seem to have the fanboys and publicity of P&B and Wickhams but he does look good! I did try a sample sent by another chap of his barbershop and it smelt just like P&B Albion and performed like it too!
I only have the Fougère thus far, but it really is a great soap imo.

Problem with soaps is they last and last and last so with 10+ in cabinet probably no need to buy a new one until sometime 2020 :)

(of the English artisans mainly tempted by Nanny's Silly Soap)

Last edited:
Right, I need to buy a nanny's now. I know I like tallow soaps so that means the traditional range. I've had samples of down home summer (different to anything else I've ever tried, but incredible), Arabian nights (nice, not amazing) and Moroccan sands (wow, strong, evocative). Would love any views on all the scents in the range - I know it's such a personal thing, but I'm still interested

Back
Top Bottom