Enlightenment!

TeP

Mornin' folks, just wanted to mention my new razor, and the results.

Story so far, I changed from multi blade to DE shaving about 16 months ago, out of interest after chatting with Bill 'beejay' who I know quite well. Anyway I then purchased a EJ DE87, and a old Gillette Tech off t'bay. Considering I have been wet shaving for more years than I care to remember I thought no problem. Anyway got on great with the Tech, but then the EJ arrived in the post, beautiful looking machine.

So, new blade plenty of MWF and off I went, ten minutes and quite a few small weepers later and I looked as if I would be needing a blood transfusion. Waited a few days to heal and using the Tech, then tried once more with the EJ, just couldn't get on with it at all.

Was listed on t'bay and sold very quickly, I then began collecting and using vintage Gillette's and got on with most of them really very well.

Jump forward! Near the end now, a few days ago I came across an add for a EJ DE87, lovely looking razor, did have second thoughts considering my earlier experiences, but ordered it anyway. Arrived a couple of days ago, and what a revelation, I've been having fantastic shaves since, really a pleasure to get up in the morning and use it. Don't know if I prefer it to my Gillette's but it's so close I'm not even going to bother trying. Just use them all when ever I feel like it. :icon_biggrin:

Lesson learnt well and good, perfect your technique before messing with any of these beautiful machines. :blush:

Technique can make a huge difference! Great that you are now getting on with them so well. I love old Gillettes - I've got two superspeeds, a tech, a slim twist and a goodwill and they are all great.

Saying that, whilst the rest (including the SS red-tip) are pretty easy-going and forgiving, the goodwill needs a bit of respect and can bite if you aren't really gentle with it!

Back
Top Bottom