Erasmic Shave Stick

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Erasmic Stick - Shave stick.

A 50g triple milled soap stick. Not sure I need to explain further :D

AdobePhotoshopExpress_e2f777c22e0e494bbb1684b16b064e19.jpg

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
Well, as a shave stick, I thought I'd use as intended, so I unwrapped the stick from its wax paper and proceeded to insert into the supplied holder. First blood to the holder, the pre sited holes weren't deep enough and the end of the stick shattered. No biggie, I just load the brush with the stick held in the fist, which is easier than rubbing the stick over ones boat anyway. After the shave, I stuck the stick as far into the holder as it would go and popped some water in to bloom the stick...hopefully it will hold (24 hrs later, it had indeed held properly).

SCENT:
For me, this one reminds me of the old bar soap I used to use when I was back in infant school back in the early/mid 80's. A clean scent, but nothing that makes you want to inhale deeper and investigate the complex layers of notes. Not unpleasant mind, as it invoked memories of fun times at school.

LATHERABILITY:
BOWL - Not at all unlike MWF here. Took a little longer to whip a good workable lather in the bowl, and it built in the same way too. So far so good.
FACE - Not particularly great. Being rock hard, it was difficult to apply a decent amount to my face, resulting in not a huge amount of lather.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_99688ffb27e94c00a2e740a602f6e4e2.jpg

PERFORMANCE:
No complaints here. The lather is rich and slick, providing good cushion against a 6 day old Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow blade. Glide was no problem, couldn't feel any unpleasantness at all. Checking the ingredients list, I can see this one is indeed tallow based, which I think explains some of the performance.

POST SHAVE:
Another parallel with MWF here, with no tightness that I normally get with hard soaps. Granted, it's not got the best part of the finish of MWF, but let's face it, it is a fraction of the cost, so some differences are inevitable.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
You know what, it's not bad at all. For the price of £1, what else can you buy that will undoubtedly last as long, and give as good an experience throughout the shave. It's twice the cost of a Palmolive stick (which when you read it as is, sounds bad), but it's better in almost every way. The post shave finish is nicer, scent is better and the wax paper is much easier to deal with than fiddly foil.

Not tried the Erasmic shaving stick...I am using the Erasmic Shaving cream at the moment...When I got it I wasn't that impressed with the cushion & slickness of it but loved the smell...I added Moroccan Argan Oil and what a change of performance...Its now slick and plenty of cushion....I have just purchased the Erasmic Soap...Just over 2 Quid....Nice review Sir....o_O

Billy

I use the Erasmic soap in the bowl and it still amazes me how good it is I have heard the stick is not as good as the bowl. I have found stick soaps perform better if simply grated into a small tub and press in hard to form a new soap puck and then lather from the tub...... Worth a try

Back
Top Bottom