'Evening Gents

Hello fellow wet shavers,

Just created an account on TSR so thought I'd make the obligatory introductions.

I'm originally from Italy, though I'm currently studying as a postgraduate student in London.

I'm a relative neophyte at wet shaving (been at it for about 5 months), but am very enthusiastic to have joined this community and am keen on learning as much as I can about this timeless hobby (or would 'lifestyle' be a more suitable term?).

I chanced upon TSR quite a few times as I embarked on my odyssey to achieve the most enjoyable shave possible (on a student budget, at least), so thought I might as well find out more for myself.

Anyway, it's good to be here and I look forward to contributing to the TSR community and learning a few things along the way.

See you around.

Hedomystico

Would be great to hear what you think about my current shaving set up, and your opinions on what my next shaving investment should be:

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blades: Derby Extras, although currently waiting on a shipment of Feathers
Brush: Omega boar x Proraso (48 Professional?)
Pre-shave: Proraso pre & post shave cream (green)
Soap: my rotation of soaps consists of Proraso green, GFT coconut and MWF (LOVE this stuff)
Post-shave: Osma alum block + Cerruti 1881 post shave balm (found this lying around my parents house after years - seems to work OK, but hope it hasn't gone bad after all that time)

Feedback very much appreciated!

Hedomystico said:
Would be great to hear what you think about my current shaving set up, and your opinions on what my next shaving investment should be:

Hey, you've got some nice stuff there!

Have you thought about a slant bar razor? They're great shavers and open up a whole new world of smooth!

Welcome to the TSR!

Welcome :)

You'll find names of blades and different razors cropping up here every other day.
However what works for other people may not work for you. Some can't stand Derby blades, others think they are fine, so take other people's advice as information, unless they are talking about Bic blades, then it's probably truth!

Wales4ever said:
Have you thought about a slant bar razor? They're great shavers and open up a whole new world of smooth!

Welcome to the TSR!

I have to admit I'm intrigued by slant bar razors, having heard a lot of great things about them. However, I would like to take one on a test drive before I actually decide to invest in one... Also I'm more than satisfied with my trusty Merkur 34C for the time being! :icon_wink:

Appreciate the warm welcome guys, I'm sure I'll have a great time around here!

Hedo

Back
Top Bottom