Evening Shaves

I suspect I'm not alone, but I am curious to know if anyone else reserves their shave for the evening?
There's nothing I like better than coming home after work, having a hot, relaxing bath and a shave and going to bed smelling peachy, or, more probably, fougérey. My wife certainly seems to approve.
In the summer I do enjoy the odd menthol wake-up but now the winter's drawing in it's something I seem to look forward to more and more.

I'm in work for 7am and work until 7 or 8pm, so I find evening shaving more practical. By setting the alarm as late as possible (6.15) I rush through the morning routine of dress, breakfast, commute etc - and take the extra sleep - rather than going to bed earlier and having a more measured morning. I don't really have time nor energy to appreciate the aftermath of a shave, but the slow-paced enjoyment of shaving these days helps me to relax after each long day at work.

Edit: All bets are off by the weekend, even if I do end up going in on the occasional Saturday morning.

Double edit: School holidays are a different matter entirely!

Burgundy said:
I'm in work for 7am and work until 7 or 8pm, so I find evening shaving more practical. By setting the alarm as late as possible (6.15) I rush through the morning routine of dress, breakfast, commute etc - and take the extra sleep - rather than going to bed earlier and having a more measured morning. I don't really have time nor energy to appreciate the aftermath of a shave, but the slow-paced enjoyment of shaving these days helps me to relax after each long day at work.

Edit: All bets are off by the weekend, even if I do end up going in on the occasional Saturday morning.

You's a hard workin' man!

Burgundy said:

You's a hard workin' man!

Singing Blade said:
Burgundy said:

Only in term time!

As a new teacher in a state school (well, I'm two years in), you're at the bottom of the pile - with the heaviest teaching load and the most scrutiny. 13 weeks holiday a year just about makes it worthwhile. The pay and other working conditions certainly don't!

I prefer an evening shave. It allows me to take my time with it, and enjoy it more.
With two kids at 1.5 and 3.5 years of age, there is not enough time in the mornings

Ewan E said:
Interesting.

However, is your face still nice and smooth in the morning ?

I shave in the morning and get 5 o'clock shadow by about 3:30

Absolutely fine the following morning. Plus, by about 11 O'Clock most people are sick of the sight of me anyway so it doesn't matter.

Another predominantly evening shaver here. I like the relaxation of shaving justbefore bed. Plus if I mess up badly the bleeding should have stopped by the time I wake up

Evening shave for me every other day. I probably have time in the morning to shave compared to the time others start work but still enjoy that extra time in bed. I still look fairly smooth in the morning but not to the touch.

Back
Top Bottom