Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at the Blackland Blackbird razor

Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated.
I'm still unsure whether I should change my order to a polish version though.

I really think it depends more on what kind of shaver you are. If you want to pick it up, shave with it, and get perfect shaves without thinking about what you are doing, I would order the polished. If you appreciate taking a few shaves to learn your tool, it will reward you.

One other thing: I think MAYBE this razor is more suited for people with taut skin. This is just an idea, but I could see where a person with looser skin (for whatever reason) maybe would need to stretch like using a straight or else use pressure to get smooth. I could see where that would cause the issue.

Glad you have one coming, it is not only the perfect shaver, it just looks so bad ass! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You
I really think it depends more on what kind of shaver you are. If you want to pick it up, shave with it, and get perfect shaves without thinking about what you are doing, I would order the polished. If you appreciate taking a few shaves to learn your tool, it will reward you.

One other thing: I think MAYBE this razor is more suited for people with taut skin. This is just an idea, but I could see where a person with looser skin (for whatever reason) maybe would need to stretch like using a straight or else use pressure to get smooth. I could see where that would cause the issue.

Glad you have one coming, it is not only the perfect shaver, it just looks so bad ass! [emoji1]

You guys are not helping my RAD!

Buy the Blackland and it will cure your RAD.

It work for me. (For DE razors anyway, shame it doesn't work on SE's...)

I agree. I bought a Blackland and the Rockwell 6S, and my interest in acquiring any more DE's basically stopped dead in it's tracks.

Like you, my acquisition disorder for SE's flared up and is sort of running rampant tho.....

Ok, assume your SE cures SE RAD.

When do you bring out your first straight razor to cure that as well?

When Shane releases a SE, I will buy it. But until he comes out with an injector type... one that can be manually opened to easily accept cut down AC blades (like Supply, but with the Blackbird level of bad ass), my RAD will never be truly cured. [emoji1][emoji41][emoji1]

When Shane releases a SE, I will buy it. But until he comes out with an injector type... one that can be manually opened to easily accept cut down AC blades (like Supply, but with the Blackbird level of bad ass), my RAD will never be truly cured. [emoji1][emoji41][emoji1]

Why do you need an Injector that takes cut down AC blades when you can get the same experience from the Blackland DE?

And stop giving him ideas.
Hasn't he taken enough money from you?

Why do you need an Injector that takes cut down AC blades when you can get the same experience from the Blackland DE?

And stop giving him ideas.
Hasn't he taken enough money from you?

I have really fallen down the SE rabbit hole. The Blackbird is pretty much the only DE I use anymore, and is in a large rotation of SE's. I love shaving with injectors, and love the stiffness of an injector blade, but am not in love with the limited blade options. I love the sharpness of the AC style blades, but the large size of them is not my favorite. So,,, a razor that had the small nimble head of an injector, the ability to fit an AC style blade, and was a Blackland..... That would be my holy grail razor.

I have really fallen down the SE rabbit hole. The Blackbird is pretty much the only DE I use anymore, and is in a large rotation of SE's. I love shaving with injectors, and love the stiffness of an injector blade, but am not in love with the limited blade options. I love the sharpness of the AC style blades, but the large size of them is not my favorite. So,,, a razor that had the small nimble head of an injector, the ability to fit an AC style blade, and was a Blackland..... That would be my holy grail razor.

How about, say, a Blackbird designed to take GEM SE blades? :)

How about, say, a Blackbird designed to take GEM SE blades? :)

A while back, I tried a half dozen or so of various Gem and Everready razors. I never cared to much for them, partly because most of them were so tiny, partly because I never really felt like I cared for the blade choices that are available.

That said if Blackland came out with one, I know I would end up owning it.... [sheepish:facepalm]

A while back, I tried a half dozen or so of various Gem and Everready razors. I never cared to much for them, partly because most of them were so tiny, partly because I never really felt like I cared for the blade choices that are available.

That said if Blackland came out with one, I know I would end up owning it.... [sheepish:facepalm]

The first company/person to do this will start an absolute frenzy (hopefully). Much like the AC blade razor productions now. I for one can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom