FA Cup

Fido said:
While it was happening it was brilliant. But now we know what it was achieved through reckless financial mismanagement it leaves a nasty taste. If we end up out of the league that would mean we paid too high a price for short term success. All we can hope for is to survive in League 2 and then better days.

i was studying at portsmouth when they won the cup it was great atmospehere, unfortunately i forgot to move my car from the main road as did others so had people jumping all over it and footballs flying everywhere, but atmosphere was immense

I saw my first match at Fratton Park in 1949 as a child. The first of Pompey's two consecutive Championships. Then through my teens in the 50s until they got relegated. I was there many years later when they briefly returned to the top flight. I don't get there much these days. I must enjoy roller coasters. Because that's what it's been. But we are not alone!

tonyspurs said:
DPTC said:
Nice 2-0 win vs the scum (Arsenal fan) with the aid of Danny Rose's slip up.

Didn't have to work too hard for the win mind, hope Theo is ok after being stretchered off, lol at his 2-0 gesture to the scum fans!

Do we have to use the word scum on a shaving forum? Save it for the footie forums.

Better than us all over the pitch today we were lucky to get nil!

Lol sorry i fiercely hate Tottenham Hotspur with a passion!! Haha.

Only threat was Adebayor funnily enough, if he didn't fall over before having his shot on the turn we might have had more of a game.

Nice tie with Coventry in round 4 and Man Utd are out - happy days!

DPTC said:
tonyspurs said:
DPTC said:

Didn't have to work too hard for the win mind, hope Theo is ok after being stretchered off, lol at his 2-0 gesture to the scum fans!

Do we have to use the word scum on a shaving forum? Save it for the footie forums.

Hating a football club with a passion sounds like an oxymoron - with the emphasis on the second syllable.

UKRob said:
DPTC said:
tonyspurs said:
DPTC said:

Hating a football club with a passion sounds like an oxymoron - with the emphasis on the second syllable.

I used to live in North London and for the life of me I could not and cannot understand hatred between people who happen to support a different football club to each other. It also seemed to me that schadenfreude was dominant emotion between the two sets of fans - they would rather the other fail than their team succeed. I am all for passionate support of a sport and a team and a club, but surely that doesn't mean that you have to hate those of a different persuasion.

I don't want to tarnish everyone with that brush, because I know that is not the case, so apologies in advance.

Isn't there enough hate in the world...

Have to admit as a young man I hated Arsenal with every bone in my body, I wouldn't even wear or own anything with red in it :icon_rolleyes:
It would take me weeks to get over a defeat, but as they say the older you get the wiser you become and other things become as important and more important than a game of football, don't get me wrong I still want to beat them and hate losing to them and I'll support any team playing them.
still have my season ticket and attend games home and some away although I refused to shell out the £62 Arsenal wanted for a tkt!,but these days by the time I get home I'm over the disappointment even the 0-5 spanking by the Scousers! .. Well ok I had to sleep on that one:icon_sad:
Anyway without sounding like an old fart (which I'm not:icon_razz:) but football was better before Sky,premier league,champions Lge and oil barons
And it sickens me to see a great competition like the FA Cup become 2nd rate with teams putting out weakened sides and the Semi finals & Final being played at stupid o'clock :icon_mad: personally I would sooner win the FA Cup than finish 4th
It's all about winning trophies,my memories of 1981,82 & 91 cup final wins 1984 UEFA cup final win and beating Chelsea in the League cup final will last longer than remembering finishing 4th!

I enjoy a bit of banter/piss taking with mags (well the decent ones who go to matches and know a bit about football) but don't understand the hatred. I always make sure I don't cross the line over here as it's not really the place for it. Anyway we might be bottom of the league but we're still in both cups.

tonyspurs said:
Have to admit as a young man I hated Arsenal with every bone in my body, I wouldn't even wear or own anything with red in it :icon_rolleyes:
It would take me weeks to get over a defeat, but as they say the older you get the wiser you become and other things become as important and more important than a game of football, don't get me wrong I still want to beat them and hate losing to them and I'll support any team playing them.
still have my season ticket and attend games home and some away although I refused to shell out the £62 Arsenal wanted for a tkt!,but these days by the time I get home I'm over the disappointment even the 0-5 spanking by the Scousers! .. Well ok I had to sleep on that one:icon_sad:
Anyway without sounding like an old fart (which I'm not:icon_razz:) but football was better before Sky,premier league,champions Lge and oil barons
And it sickens me to see a great competition like the FA Cup become 2nd rate with teams putting out weakened sides and the Semi finals & Final being played at stupid o'clock :icon_mad: personally I would sooner win the FA Cup than finish 4th
It's all about winning trophies,my memories of 1981,82 & 91 cup final wins 1984 UEFA cup final win and beating Chelsea in the League cup final will last longer than remembering finishing 4th!

Couldn't believe they only allocated us 5,000 tickets for the game? A few thousand more Yids there would have made all the difference :icon_lol:

It was interesting growing up in my house with Dad supporting the Hammers, Bruv supporting the Gooners and Mum supporting Man U :-/
I stuck to my guns though and often stood up the shelf on my own :icon_cry2:

I have to agree with you though, money is killing our beloved game.

COYS!

Unashamed United fan here. The cracks are showing, the kind of cracks that were nicely patched over by Sir Alex. I'd rather United struggled with relegation than sack Moyes though. I hate the 'sack the manager at the first loss' mentality these days.

FA cup is always one I want my team to be in and there should be far more pride in being part of the competition! I'm positive about how wide open the league is at the moment though. 12 points between 1st and 8th. It's been pretty dead set the last few years so I'm hoping this season we'll have a real 5 or 6 team fight for the top.

I was quite pleased with Latics' performance in the end. Not a bad effort really - second goal was lucky (if deserved) and we might have had a penalty shortly before. Personally, I love the FA cup and hate seeing it devalued. That said, if a prem team wants to field a weakened side and give us a chance to dump them out, I'm not going to complain!

This is what happens when ignorant dimwits get carried away with hate:icon_rolleyes:
f393d9aba7380f9b03d95f80ddddc85e_zps70d7bafd.jpg

Tony

That's bad but I love the non racist and non homophobic banter at football games

The spurs fans gave him the dogs so he to told them the score

If you can give it out you must be able to take it, most match going supporters know that

The coins were out of order

I also remember goners throwing coins at adeyboyer

Agree Al,I love proper banter wouldn't bother going if it wasn't there jeez all my family apart from myself and my boys are West Ham and mate they ain't stopped since they won 2 cup finals this season still hopefully we will send em down at their place 2nd last game:icon_razz:
As for throwing coins pathetic would of thought they'd wasted enough cash paying £62 to get in!

Mate I sit right on the divide from the away fans and we have the right craic

Great when you are winning lonely when losing

As for arsenal I hate them for different reasons

Back
Top Bottom