Face lather vs bowl

Am I the only one here who always lathered in a bowl since I started my DE career and every time(most of the times) :cry: got thin foamy lather no matter how much water was added and switched to face lathering instead and had far better results? :D
With this face lather business I can now create some amazingly slick and creamy lather from even the cheapest shaving creams :roll:

Yup, me too. I have better results face lathering with the added bonus of a little bit of massage and exfoliation thrown in. Oh, and I don't have a mug to rinse out either. I thought I'd give the mug another try recently but it just didn't seem as much fun.

I wonder if it's because the bristles on your face help build up the lather. Maybe someone should invent a mug that's lined with tiny bristles. NO NO NO that's my Dragon's Den idea! (C) Dave Murphy, 2010.

I've often wondered why shaving mugs with rough inner surfaces aren't the thing. Dirty Bird scuttles could then have the slogan 'ribbed for extra creamy pleasure'. Rather appropriate I think. ;)

What?

Look, it's gone midnight and I'm tired, so what sort of intellectual insight did you think I'd contribute to this thread? :roll:

Edit: Just thinking how unoriginal I am for making a joke about Dirty Bird. Bad Dobby!!!! Stupid Dobby!!!!!!! :oops:

Fido said:
I enjoy variety!

+1

• ... some days is Bowl Lather Days, some days is Face Lather Days
      • ... and on rare occasions, some days is Palm Lather Days.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Anyone see the possiblity for more abbreviations above?
          • BLD, FLD & PLD?
            • ... which could be pronounced as blad, flad, & plad respectively.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I use a scuttle for creams usually, face lather soaps and occassionally hand lather too - ohh err madam! With any of the decent creams I get great lather with a scuttle. I like a bit of everything but primarily I whip up a lather in my scuttle - mmmmmmm, warm lather. :shave

Both...face lather initially for first pass then go to the bowl and build some more lather using any excess.

The bowl warms up the lather and brush as well as keeping it warm, best of both.

antdad said:
Both...face lather initially for first pass then go to the bowl and build some more lather using any excess.

The bowl warms up the lather and brush as well as keeping it warm, best of both.
That's what I've been doing recently, it's partly a delaying tactic actually: while you're working the lather up in the bowl, what's on your face is getting to work on the whiskers.

Back
Top Bottom