Face lather vs bowl

I have tried face lathering but I was getting sore areas where I began the lathering. So I bowl lather - a lidded ramekin pot. I fill the pot with hot water, and use the upside down lid on top as a bowl. This keeps the lather warm. I find this works every time.

Bowl lather for me ...love the luxury of the thick creamy texture......it looks good enough to eat like whipped cream.........I whip it up in a smooth 4" Dia stainless steel bowl...... thats always worked great for me...

I use palmolive cream just hand rubbed into the whiskers when i'm travelling for simplicity.....

I just saw this thread re-appear, and couldn't remember if I'd made a contribution. I read back through the thread, and indeed, I did post to it...

Exactly 1 year ago to the day!! Queue Twilight Zone type music.

Anyway, it's still the same, face with soaps, palm with creams - Facepalm.

Ian

When I use cream I do both. I face lather 1st and then have a 'home made scuttle ( silver beaker with a rough potter insert) that I wipe up the 2nd and 3rd passes with. That way I have warm lather to use.

This thread is well old, innit? I'm surprised but rather pleased to note that absolutely nothing has changed since this time last year, inasmuch as I'm still doing the face / bowl / improvised scuttle thing. Tell a lie, the bowl has changed 'cos I broke the last one.

I too have been using 'improvised scuttles. Last week I purchased 2 1900's ish ones (one mug type and the other pitcher type) and find that I like my home made ones better. I also don't have to worry about where I put them on the sink so the don't fall and break!
Just sometimes the originals aren't better.

Back
Top Bottom