Failed acquisitions of the day!

Went 'shopping' in London today

DR Harris, St James' street - CLOSED
Truefitt and Hill St James' street - CLOSED
Penhaligon's COVENT GARDEN - CLOSED

I never realised London was such a pious place. Thank goodness for Trumpers on wednesday otherwise it would have been a complete disaster!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

at a push, I can understand DRH and T&H closing as where they are on the street is not the most 'touristy' area, but for the love of all things holy, Penhaligons in covent garden? theres nowt like turning business away!

hunnymonster said:
:lol:

Bin emptied this morning as usual at 0702
Post arrived as normal
Shops all open as normal

Hard pressed to tell it was a bank holiday here in Scotland... still confuses the bollocks out of me after 7 years here.

Scotland seems to have it's own rules. I was surprised to find supermarkets open on Easter Sunday.

Dandy Highwayman said:
Scotland seems to have it's own rules. I was surprised to find supermarkets open on Easter Sunday.

It most assuredly does... to the constant amusement of the populace when 24 hour supermarkets in England are not open 24h on a Sunday... here in the Tartan Utopia they're like the Windmill Theatre (motto: We never close). Generally shut on Christmas Day though (only officially a holiday in Scotland since the late 1950s).

Dandy Highwayman said:
hunnymonster said:
:lol:

Bin emptied this morning as usual at 0702
Post arrived as normal
Shops all open as normal

Hard pressed to tell it was a bank holiday here in Scotland... still confuses the bollocks out of me after 7 years here.

That's because civilisation is more advanced here. You morris dancing heathens will eventually catch up. :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Dandy Highwayman said:

It most assuredly does... to the constant amusement of the populace when 24 hour supermarkets in England are not open 24h on a Sunday... here in the Tartan Utopia they're like the Windmill Theatre (motto: We never close). Generally shut on Christmas Day though (only officially a holiday in Scotland since the late 1950s).

Do they still have the alcohol section shut/cordoned off until 12 on a Sunday?

Dandy Highwayman said:
hunnymonster said:
Dandy Highwayman said:

Do they still have the alcohol section shut/cordoned off until 12 on a Sunday?

Nope, they standardised the off-sale licensing hours so it starts at 1000 every day of the week now. I used to manage a shop and it was always funny/sad seeing the local dipsos coming in on a sunday at 0801 and looking really disappointed that they had to go away and come back at 1230.

I had to go back to our 'glorious' capital yesterday so thought it would be improper not to let it 'redeem itself'

D.R. Harris, St James Street - OPEN - full of American tourists taking photos of the fire extinguishers - but open non the less! I'll post purchases in acquisitions thread later!
Truefitt and Hill, St James' Street - dont know if it was open or not as didnt need/want anything from there so CBA to walk down that far!
Penhaligons, Covent Garden - OPEN - what a truly wonderful place this is, service is great, fragrances are great - no tourists taking pictures of fire suppression apparatus either! I'll post purchases later!

SUCCESS!

Back
Top Bottom