Fatip Razor - Any good?

That's just my opinion...there's a tendency for folks to go la la with stupidly over aggressive razors just because they can get a shave out of them once a month and say so.

Norky said:
Does anyone own a fatip razor? What do you think of it?

Hi there,

Don't give up on this razor, even though it's not getting very good press around here. Lots of people who like razors with plenty of bite enjoy those things, at least according to what I've read on other forums. There's a long thread over at The Shave Nook if you wanna take a look.

I've also heard of people just using the head on a different handle. Oh yeah, from what I understand, there's a number of different Fatip models to choose from.

Heh, best thing's to give it a test drive yourself to see what's up,

Martin

Dipesh said:
It's quite aggressive. A notch behind the new R41 from memory.

They look cool though :)
For me it is a notch above the R41. See my test results on B&B where I compared the R41 to the Fatip and the English NEW. It is one of my favorite razors. Worth a try if you like "effective" razors.

I got one 2 weeks ago. More agressive than older R41 and harder to keep the blade angle correct whilst shaving, as it will still cut hair at different angles due to the shaping of the comb.
I am now gettting very nice comfy and close shaves by using the Fatip comb part on the R41 handle and R41 top part.

Mand

It has the same head as the Joris. An excellent razor and shaver for the money. I am expecting one in gold from the online UK vendor. I had the chrome one and sold it like a dope. Nowhere near as aggressive and the R41 2011. Not even close.

antdad said:
That's just my opinion...there's a tendency for folks to go la la with stupidly over aggressive razors just because they can get a shave out of them once a month and say so.

LOL..that was a funny observation.."R41 I luvz it with Feathers"...Next post..."What is the beat balm for razor burn?"

Well despite some warnings, I decided this razor is worth a punt, just placed an order, I will post a quick review when I have given it a go.

ive just bought a fatip and used it for the first time tonight, and im very impressed. its a very smooth shave, and mows down stubble very easily. i think this could become a favourite once ive had a few shaves under my belt with it.

isaiah53 said:
ive just bought a fatip and used it for the first time tonight, and im very impressed. its a very smooth shave, and mows down stubble very easily. i think this could become a favourite once ive had a few shaves under my belt with it.

Out of interest what blade did you use?

Well my new Fatip arrived yesterday, my first impression was very good, I was expecting it to be quite light in weight as people seem to want to use the head with different handles but I was impressed with the heft and how solid it felt in the hand. The plating is fine on the head but on close inspection of the handle there are quite a few very small pin marks which I assume will be a point of weakness in years to come.

Now to this mornings shave, I used my favourite T&H 1805 cream and face lathered with my Vulfix 404. I also used one of the Astra SP's supplied with the razor. I had read that this razor may work with a slightly different angle to most razors and so I kept the head of the razor more parallel to the floor. The shave was beautiful, nice and smooth, no nicks, cuts or soreness. I did a 2 pass shave 1 with, 1 against, plus a little clean-up/buffing, the finish was BBS.

Given some of the responses I got to this thread some people don't get on with this razor, my own personal experience with this razor was very positive.

Norky

Back
Top Bottom