Fattip or Parker?

AJP

I fancy getting another OC razor but can't decide between these two. Which, if either is better and why?

Thanks.

I am interested in the comparison. I have a Fatip Grande, and rate it highly. Better than my Gillette New (although the New is a nice OC for those days that speed is a priority, as it is safe as houses), but second in line to the 37c for effective shaves.

The Fatip is exceptional value, and I have seen no problems with QA, which was previously an issue a few years back.

Reactions: AJP
The Parker OC is noticeable milder than the Fatip OC. The closed comb Parker heads are more aggressive than the open comb Parker heads. The Fatip OC is the most aggressive of the aforementioned bunch though. So it's a matter of personal preference.

The Parker OC is noticeable milder than the Fatip OC. The closed comb Parker heads are more aggressive than the open comb Parker heads. The Fatip OC is the most aggressive of the aforementioned bunch though. So it's a matter of personal preference.

Which goes to say, you'll need both. One mild for those days when conditions require it, and one more aggressive, for those days when a jungle needs clearing.

You may as well get both now. You'll end up with two eventually, so why wait?

I Have a Fatip Grande & a Parker 24C (OC) It's hard for me to compare which gives me the best shave,because they are both excellent value for money razors..& both perform wonderfully,It depends on your skin type, the 24C is a milder razor than the Fatip Grande, that's not to say it's a "mild razor because it isn't, for a open comb it's smooth and mild,but still efficient the Grande isn't as smooth but does give a very efficient shave with the right blade choice ,same with the 24C..if i personally was going to pick one razor i would pick the Parker 24C. I've had great shaves, some exceptional shaves. It's a heavy razor with a longer handle. Good balance. Feels great in the hand, great on the face., and it looks fantastic..the choice is yours mate.

I would also consider the Merkur 37c & the Muhle R41, another two very efficient razors to consider. Regards.

Last edited:
I have a feeling of inevitability about me, the R41, and the chances of one of them turning up in my den.
That's a good Choice.;)..I'll be honest it took me a while to gel with the R41, my first few shaves where not a pleasant experience but once i learned my technique and gained more confidence,& added no pressure to the razor at all in time i was rewarded with some sublime shaves..It's all a learning curve...it was the same with my 24C it requires a steeper angle when shaving, but once i found the angle my shaves where excellent..:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom