Favourite cream

Dan

Hi guys looking for opinions on people's fav shaving cream from TOBS, Geo F Trumpers or Truefitt and Hill. I have only tried the TOBS creams but wondering if the other manufacturers are worth the higher cost?

Truefitt & Hill I've tried No.10 , 1805 and Sandlwood and there all good lather easily and pleasant smells.
Crabtree & Evelyn used to be called Nomad but now called Moroccan Myrhh is excellent well worth a try and I would put it about Truefitt & Hill.
Another great cream I don't hear much about but I always love using is Dr Harris & Co. Marlborough Cream.

Thanks TonyC for your suggestions and Burgundy I have been curious about Speik for a while now both the cream and soap.

Dan said:
Thanks TonyC for your suggestions and Burgundy I have been curious about Speik for a while now both the cream and soap.

Speick, both soap and cream are not only good performers with a pleasant smell, but are good on the skin too. IMHO. While I have used and been quite happy with Trumpers & ToBS creams in the past, I just prefer T&H. Which is a shame really - 'cos they're more bloody expensive than the others!!

TonyC said:
Another great cream I don't hear much about but I always love using is Dr Harris & Co. Marlborough Cream.

Yep, that's a good one I use myself. Kinda like Cade, but with more going on. Very good performance.

To the OP, you might also look into the J. Peterman 1903 stuff if you have any US friends to help with shipping. Very classy scent and excellent performance.

Martin

Hi dodgy. You sent me a sample of 1903 when I purchased a Fatboy from you. You may not remember but I bought it from you as a gift for my dad. Very nice cream.

Although I'm a dyed in the wool TOBS man, I do have some favourite shaving creams at the other end of the price spectrum: Erasmic, The Real Shaving Company and The Body Shop. The only drawback with these shaving creams is that they don't come in a variety of "flavours", but at the price and given the superb performance this is hardly a problem for me.

Dan said:
Hi dodgy. You sent me a sample of 1903 when I purchased a Fatboy from you. You may not remember but I bought it from you as a gift for my dad. Very nice cream.

What's up Dan,

Yeah, I do remember that deal and that it worked out well. Glad you liked the Peterman stuff. That company can have some good sales on it. Lots of times it'[s free shipping, but last year there was one that was $20 per tub with shipping and tax included.

Try the DR Harris line for creams. Their soaps are even better.

You don't have to spend much for a decent cream.
Cella, Proraso, Palmolive....
Cyril Salter creams are fairly cheap when you consider the size of the tub & it's just as good a performer as TOBS, GFT or even T&H in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom