Favourite modern DE razor

Mühle R89 for me

I've not own many other modern razors to compare. Only a Futur, which was too clumsy around the mustache area; oh and a Merkur 11c and 37c. neither to me are as good as the R89. It must be the head which is the winner as its the same on the EJ.

My Bluebeard's Revenge Scimitar razor, which I understand is a re-branded Edwin Jagger ( is this correct? )

I also have a Merkur Futur, which I find a bit bulky and a Slantblade which is good but not quite as good as the Scimitar.

I also have a Goodfella Satin Black Safety razor which runs the Scimitar a very close second, it is not quite so good with more than a few days growth but still a good razor.

EJ DE87 for an uncomplicated, good with most blades, smooth and gentle shave closely followed by my Merkur 38C for those mornings when I feel like a bit of aggro :)
regards, beejay

Don't know. Torn between the Feather AS-D1 and the iKon. They both have tech-type heads so may not even really classify as modern!

Merkur 38R just edges it over my Edwin Jagger 89. This Merkur seems to bring out the best in any blade for me and has my favourite level of aggression.
As a qualification, modern DEs I've also tried are the long handled slant (39), Parker 91r and a Weishi 2300.

Same here with the goodfella - prefer longer handles and above average aggression. Think I'm seduced by the looks a bit

Merkur 34C the razor i popped my DE cherry with will always have a special place in my heart.

Having said that these days I am using the Chatsworth more than any other during the week, with the longer handle and EJ head it is great razor for a quick whiz round the face but I like the way the 34C makes me think about what i am doing so if I had to pick one and only one the 34C would be it.

This is like picking your favourite child which is a particularly difficult question (pick the one with the best grades of course ;) ).

Got to be my Ikon Bulldog O/C

Trashed my face the other day learning straights, the Ikon gave me a smoothy smooth shave without attacking my still burnt cheeks. Bit of class that.

Skin Glider said:
How did i get that wrong ? !!

I meant i would love to try a "Bobs Razor works", Have no idea why i wrote "Good Fellow" ? !!

Something about "bob's stuff that i like

Having said that I am still in love with my Slim i got last week, such a great shave and great value for money

Think bob is out the game he had some begging sob story over on B&B

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3103517&postcount=559">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.p ... tcount=559</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom