Feather / Kai SE Blades

jds

Afternoon all,

So what is the general usage on these blades? I routinely swap out a DE balde after three shaves, but I feel these could have a greater longevity - ten shaves, a dozen or just see how it goes and replace when necessary?

Just interested in general anecdotal experiences?

Cheers,

Jon

Jon, I assume you are talking about the long and narrow blades used in the Feather and Cobra razors. There's scope for confusion as Feather also make an SE blade similar to the Gem size.

If it's the narrow blade you will get lots of shaves - many more than DE or SE blades. I've read of people using them into the 20's and just recently someone pointed out that they preferred them after about half a dozen uses.

Personally, I find the Feather too sharp initially so I run it through a wine cork a few times but even then they will still cut you very easily and take the top off the slightest bit of raised flesh.

If it's the SE Feather equivalent to Gem you're asking about then no more than three uses in my experience.

Hi Rob,

Yes I was talking about the Feather Pro-Guard type blade, not the Feather that can be used in Valets (FHS-5). I had read that the life expectancy of those were much longer, but wanted to get affirmation of that in advance of ordering.

Many thanks,

Jon

UKRob said:
Jon, I assume you are talking about the long and narrow blades used in the Feather and Cobra razors. There's scope for confusion as Feather also make an SE blade similar to the Gem size.

If it's the narrow blade you will get lots of shaves - many more than DE or SE blades. I've read of people using them into the 20's and just recently someone pointed out that they preferred them after about half a dozen uses.

Personally, I find the Feather too sharp initially so I run it through a wine cork a few times but even then they will still cut you very easily and take the top off the slightest bit of raised flesh.

If it's the SE Feather equivalent to Gem you're asking about then no more than three uses in my experience.

I loose count of the number of shaves long before the blade needs changing ….. If I was to take a guess in my Feather AC I reckon it would be between 15 – 20 shaves.

I wanted to use all my pro guards up before moving onto the pro blades but it seems like the never ending blade dispenser.

Back
Top Bottom