Feather Seikan

I just ordered a pack of these from Japan (£4.60 inc P&P) and had never seen them before and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them?

There is a thread from several years ago but only one person seems to have used one, wondered if anyone has recently?

s-l500.jpg

I just ordered a pack of these from Japan (£4.60 inc P&P) and had never seen them before and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them?

There is a thread from several years ago but only one person seems to have used one, wondered if anyone has recently?

s-l500.jpg
Carbon steel Feathers, I will be interested to hear what you think of them after a few shaves. P.

s-l500.jpg
...some threads detail them as an industrial blade, designed for use in a microtrome machine (sectioning tissue samples)...

I shaved with one yesterday. Worked fine, plenty sharp and produced an extremely close shave. Actually I liked the Feather carbon DE blade better than their stainless blade. I also like the Treet Black Beauty blades which feel smoother than the carbon DE Feather blade, but the Treet blade does not produce as close a shave for me as the Feather carbon blade did. Considering the Treet Black Beauty costs around 8 cents per blade and the carbon steel Feather cost me around 80 cents per blade I think my first and only one pack of 10 Feather carbon steel DE blades was and will be just an experiment and novelty experience at that!

I guess that's why they say YMMV? I've used lots and lots of other brands of blades that I would consider much worse than Feather DE carbon blades. But, YMMV!? BTW today was shave # 2 on Feather Carbon DE blade #1. Extremely close shave and no blood? Go figure! Still IMHO better than their stainless steel DE blade! Yesterday in a Feather AS-D2 & today in a TTO Gillette Diplomat. Still--for me, only 2 shaves on one blade. Something new for me to try on the hobby side of shaving.

Back
Top Bottom