Feather

Hi Jim, I use Feather blades all the time and like them, but some people dont. I always buy mine from the Shaving Shack At £23.99 per 100 inc free P&P, and they turn up around 48 hrs later.
http://www.shaving-shack.com/10-feather-hi-stainless-double-edged-razor-blades.html

Regards

Alan

Jim

I found them to be incredibly sharp but a comfortable shave, my only concern is that go away quickly on me 3 - 4 shaves. But that may not be an issue for some.

If you're bothered about the risk of buying counterfeit blades (I've assumed that is the reason that you have asked the question), forget eBay and just buy from a reliable UK source. The peace of mind alone is worth a few extra quid.

Ian

IanM said:
If you're bothered about the risk of buying counterfeit blades (I've assumed that is the reason that you have asked the question), forget eBay and just buy from a reliable UK source. The peace of mind alone is worth a few extra quid.

Ian

That's why I order mine from Paul at Connaught Shaving - plus he's not too far from me so the "blade miles" are reduced a bit and I'm supporting a regional business.

BTW Ian, I like the new avatar - trouble is, the only episode of The Sweeney I've seen in which Regan shaves, he uses an electric.:icon_cry2:

The English Shaving Company also stock Feathers. I find they work well with the Merkur 25c Open Comb razor, but a little too sharp with my EJ razor.

chrisbell said:
BTW Ian, I like the new avatar - trouble is, the only episode of The Sweeney I've seen in which Regan shaves, he uses an electric.:icon_cry2:

Thanks.

Yeah, it looks like an old Philishave that he uses whilst sat at his desk. It probably resides in his bottom desk drawer, next to a half bottle of Scotch!!

Ian

Im new to traditional shaving, and used it within my first month.

REALLY sharp, they do give good smoothe shave tho, and it lasted 5 shaves. ( I normally get 2 shaves and bin them).

I have to say I can't get on with these at all. They really seem to be a marmite blade!

Believe it or not I find they don't get very close and they also cause me irritation. I last tried one in a Superspeed which gave a crap shave. The next night I used a Permasharp which has given two nights of great shaves so far.

Horses for courses and all that.

I tried my first Feather this morning. No evening shave last night and a few scoops which always toughens up the beard. Very easy shave. Feels crisp. Not convinced it got as close as the 7 o'clock yellow, but I'll give it a go for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom