February 2022 Acquisitions

Don't know whether this is a Streamline or Jewel. It's an Ever Ready, but not seen much on a t'interweb search for it. One site I found called it a Jewel, but another said Gem did Jewel and Ever Ready did Streamline.

This says British made, so I'm assuming that means it was made in Scotland (possibly from girders!)

Anyhow it's in pretty good nick and hope that I don't get loads of nicks tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_20220202_234326__01.jpg
    IMG_20220202_234326__01.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220202_234306__01.jpg
    IMG_20220202_234306__01.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 12
Don't know whether this is a Streamline or Jewel. It's an Ever Ready, but not seen much on a t'interweb search for it. One site I found called it a Jewel, but another said Gem did Jewel and Ever Ready did Streamline.

This says British made, so I'm assuming that means it was made in Scotland (possibly from girders!)

Anyhow it's in pretty good nick and hope that I don't get loads of nicks tomorrow!
I think we've rather come to the conclusion that Streamline and Jewel were more descriptive of the sets than the razor since the actual razor is the same in both sets. The only difference is the earlier ones vs the later ones. Since it's uncased it's neither, I guess? Use your StreamJewel and enjoy it! Good catch (y)

I have no idea Ian @Digimonkey

Scotch pine?

"The Feather Artist SS Club Razor is made from Matt stainless steel with a beautifully engineered scotch wood enamel handle."
"The head is made of SUS317 stainless steel while the wooden handle is made from a non-endangered hardwood that has been treated to be water resistant."

Old pallets from the iron brew factory I believe. ;)

Looks good and feels nice in the hand.
T

Last edited:
Gillette's latest monstrosity ...

AM-JKLWv7jChXHo2O8RwtZHx1BManjHMWxNmAsO1Eisd9Az7mnE818C8rq-9A7-GQDwXc699pe1Zq4ZOn6Equ6DvGFhhCdHq-VBnxTk4Df049QD9ftaz9Ati5lvwfTYJQTy0uLGVJlgwuS0UBFDbcLLClFqc8A=w1200

Gillette Labs Exfoliating Razor

... because exfoliating is a must? Seems so. Either way, the circular mechanism is a lot more graceful than the Flexball but the cartridges are not compatible with Fusion and require the substantially more expensive "Labs" cartirdges. I'm really only in it for the one shave with the included cartridge as it's likely that this format will become the Gillette cartridge of the future.

Yeah, you got me ... I'm enjoying the multi-blade cartridge format at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom